Chapter 24

Someone suddenly grabbed my hand and placed it in his shoulders.

"Tyler?"

"Where's Marco?" he started to dance the waltz with me. "I don't want to see you alone."

I layed on his chest and I felt like we were alone in the room

I felt his heart and it was beating fast.

The way his arms wrap around me makes me feel safe and makes me feel like i'm home.

"Uno..." I whispered in his right ear.

His muscles tensed.

"Hmmm?" he responded.

"Why do I feel this way?"

"What do you mean?"

"I feel safe around you and I enjoy being around you."

"Jen, I-- I don't know what to say."

"But that's normal, right?"

He didn't respond.

"I love Marco, right?"

"Jen, I love you so much." hinarap niya ako para magkatinginan kami sa mata. He touched the necklace he gave me. "But I couldn't bear see you get hurt because of me."

"What if I'm willing to get hurt?"

"Jen... I never stopped loving you. Thruth is I wanted to ask you something I should've asked a long time ago."

"Ano yun, uno?"

"Ehem ehem!" pag interrupt ng host. "Ms. Elena Mia Unosco Beneventi, please come up to the stage."

Huh? The crowd was pushing me towards the stage and I saw Marco looking straight at me while smiling.

He offered his hand para makaayat ako sa stage.

"Amor mio..." He started to talk.

The crowd was silent.

"I was looking at you the whole time this morning when we were playing the board game you arranged for us, Ahh good evening to brother Marco and Stefano," he waved to them at the crowd. "And I realized how lucky I am to have someone like you in my life." a tear streamed down his face and the crowd cheered "awww."

"You make me the happiest man on Earth just by looking at your wonderful smile and I want to see that for the rest of my life. I must confess, mi amor." he got down on one knee.

I don't know how to react. I'm in shock.

"I love you so much and I wanted to ask you.." linabas niya ang singsing "Will you marry me?"

The time slowed down and I looked at the crowd.

His father was smiling from ear to ear, the queen's face was shocked, prince Stefano shed a tear.

Then I looked at Uno who was standing lonely in the crowd.

His face down and his shoulders were low.

I couldn't say no... What would the headlines say, what would nanay and tatay say.

'Promise me you'll choose the one in your heart.' nagreply sa isip ko ang sinabi ni Giovanni.

Inalis ko agad yung thought sa isip ko.

No, Jen. You love Marco, okay? Wag mo ng pahirapan pa ang sarili mo, wag mo nang gawing complicado ang mga bagay bagay.

"Yes, Marco." I smiled weakly.

He stood up, lifted me up and twirled me around.

The crowd clapped.