『 4 』

«────── « ⋅ʚ♡ɞ⋅ » ──────»

╔═══════════════╗

heated arguments and heartbreakers

AUGGIE'S POV

╚═══════════════╝

Jack and I walked behind the girls. As we chatted, I saw Jack's gaze keep falling on Kalani and I knew Summer and I were right. Jack liked her, even though he didn't admit it. I could vouch for one thing, he'd never, not once in his life, looked at Charlotte the way he always looked at Kalani. 

If that isn't love, I don't know what is. Though he wouldn't say so, I knew he still had feelings for Kalani, and those feelings were much greater than his for Charlotte if he even had any.

ʚ♡ɞ

We reached the froyo store in about 15 minutes. When we walked through the door, seated at a nearby table were none other than the popular kids and Charlotte sat next to them."Jack! Come sit with us!" Charlotte cooed excitedly as she ran up and kissed Jack on the cheek. I saw Kalani flinch and Summer squeeze her arm. 

"It's fine," Summer began to say, but the next thing we knew, Jack turned to kiss her cheek too but she turned around and he landed up kissing her lips. I winced and Summer's arm covered her mouth. 

The popular boys catcalled and the girls squealed. Summer and I shot looks of panic and turned to Kalani. She'd already run out the shop towards the park. Jack jumped back, astounded by Charlotte. 

"What's your problem, Charlotte?" He asked her angrily. "What's your problem, Jack? I'm just trying to kiss my boyfriend, you're acting like I'm committing a crime. You can make it up to me by giving me another kiss", Charlotte said as she leaned in. Jack was obviously pissed off and he said, "Back off Charlotte, you're my problem. I don't even like you, so back off." 

Charlotte gasped and the popular kids stopped jeering. An awkward silence filled the air. "Then who do you like?" Ellie asked, batting her eyelashes as Amos rolled his eyes and smiled at Ximena, who blushed. 

"I like Kalani Winters," he said and everyone laughed. "That pop star? Good luck if she knows your name," Miles laughed as Herny and Amos chortled. 

"She's my best friend and she's coming to Beecher Prep," Jack replied as he smiled at the thought of Kalani. "The girl who just ran out when Charlotte kissed Jack, that was Kalani. She loves Jack, she doesn't appreciate random girls kissing Jack," I said, glaring at Charlotte as Summer laughed. 

"I'm his girlfriend, stupid. I can kiss him whenever I want", Charlotte said snottily and the popular kids went "Ooh". Summer rolled her eyes and started to say something but Jack interrupted her. 

"Shut up Charlotte, you're not my girlfriend anymore. We're done, I'm dumping you. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm gonna go chase the girl of my dreams." Jack bolted out the door and Summer shouted," Kalani's in the park, I think! She ran that way!" Jack raised his hand in acknowledgement and continued running. 

Summer and I smiled at each other, but Summer's smile was wider when Reid walked in and offered to buy her a froyo. As Summer smiled at Reid, I looked at the shocked faces of the popular clique as they couldn't get over Jack's reaction. 

I smiled and thought, you go Jack, go get the girl.

«────── « ⋅ʚ♡ɞ⋅ » ──────»