『 6 』

«────── « ⋅ʚ♡ɞ⋅ » ──────»

╔═══════════════╗

run-ins and recollections

JULIAN'S POV

╚═══════════════╝

I walked into the froyo shop after a good run. I'd been working out lately, to help me get girls. I got my chocolate frozen yoghurt and was about to leave when I saw Jack, Miles, Amos and a bunch of kids from my old school, Beecher Prep. 

In August's first year of school when we were all in fifth grade, things were a little rocky. Okay, very rocky, so rocky till my parents made me leave Beecher. 

Although I left Beecher, which I was happy about at first, I kinda missed Beecher, so I convinced my parents to let me crawl back to Beecher. I walked over as I wanted to tell them the great news. 

Ximena sat in between Miles and Amos, who exchanged death glares. However, Ximena didn't seem bothered as she leaned across the table to chat with Summer, who was sitting next to Reid Kingsley. Huh, didn't know they were friends. 

Next to Reid was Auggie, who was chatting with Reid. And of course, next to Auggie was Jack, who had a blonde-haired girl sitting on his lap. They were chatting and laughing, obviously flirting. 

"You miss me?" I said, and they all turned around. "Hey, Julian! Come sit!" Auggie said, smiling at me. The others looked creeped out to see Auggie being nice to me. We didn't have the best friendship back when I was in Beecher. I walked over and they all waved at me. 

The girl who I didn't recognise, the one who was seated on Jack's lap, looked at me. I was stunned by her beauty. She had the most gorgeous ocean blue eyes, the most angelic smile, she was just so hot. 

Jack stared at me and she waved at me before kissing Jack's cheek. He turned away from me as he pushed her. They went back and forth, giggling and flirting. 

Summer and Reid were staring at each other, Ximena and Amos too, much to Miles' displeasure. Auggie was chatting with Miles, I didn't really have much to do. 

"No thanks, Auggie. I'd love to, but I gotta go. Just wanted to let y'all know that I'll be back at Beecher this year." Silence. Perfect. I said,"Hey hottie, call me," to the blonde girl and left.

«────── « ⋅ʚ♡ɞ⋅ » ──────»

╔═══════════════╗

KALANI'S POV

╚═══════════════╝

"Who was that?" I asked Jack. The boy, who I learnt was Miles, rolled his eyes and said, "He's Julian. Julian Albans. He used to be the most popular kid in the 5th grade back in our first year at Beecher. Then..." there was a long pause as they all exchanged glances. "What?" I asked. Being new here, I didn't really get what was happening in this area. 

"Let's just say Julian's parents didn't agree with Tushman, the principal's way of doing things. Everything was a mess and he left school and didn't return for 6th grade. Good riddance," Amos continued for Miles. 

"Why 'good riddance'? I can see that he's pretty arrogant, but why use such a strong term?" I asked. 

Ximena put down her spoon and said," Kalani, Julian was really mean to Auggie when he first started school because of his looks. He wasn't the only one, we all were mean at first, except Summer 'cause she's a saint." Summer leaned across and punched Ximena. Ximena laughed and continued. 

"Anyway, Julian was the meanest. He did things to make Auggie's school experience awful and we all blindly followed 'cause he was popular. We all realised he was wrong and apologised to Auggie, but Julian never did." 

"Actually," Auggie said, "He did." 

" Doesn't matter," Ximena said dismissively, "He still gives me bad vibes," Ximena shuddered and Amos placed his arm around her. Miles glared at him and whispered fiercely, "She's my girlfriend, back off." Amos ignored him and continued flirting with Ximena. Tension filled the atmosphere and we all felt it. 

"Since we're done, let's head back. Auggie, Jack, we've got some movies to watch. Kalani, let's go!" summer said and we waved goodbye to Ximena, Amos and Miles. Reid followed us and Summer invited him to join us. He agreed and we headed to Jack's place. 

Jack's arm stayed on my shoulder as we walked. I shuddered from the chill of the fall breeze. Jack noticed and removed his hoodie and handed it to me. We stopped walking as he put it on me. He smiled and I smiled back. 

We walked and talked, and I'd never been happier in life. 

Nothing, not even fame, can bring one as much happiness as love can. 

Remember, I thought to myself, only love can make you feel on top of the world, but only love can make you feel like you're being burned by a thousand fires.

ʚ♡ɞ

When we'd reached Jack's apartment complex, I'd run ahead with Summer. "Mum! Dad!" I called as I saw them unpacking. "Where've you been?" Mum asked me as she passed several boxes to Dad. 

"I was exploring and I made friends with this girl. Her name's Summer." Summer waved at my mum. "Can I watch a movie with her? At her place," I asked. I brushed my hands down my shirt to smoothen it but realised I was wearing Jack's hoodie. I panicked a little, hoping my mum wouldn't notice. 

"Sure," Mum said, not looking up. Thank god she didn't look up, that would've been bad...."Great!" Summer said and we ran off. My plan worked. "Mission accomplished!" SUmmer said as we ran back to report to the guys. "Us too! Reid called his mom and she said yes too!" Auggie said. 

"Awesome!" I cheered as Summer high-fived Auggie and said,"Cool beans."The five of us made our way up to Jack's apartment, skillfully avoiding any movers or neighbours who may recognise me. DIdn't want any more confrontations to ruin the best day I'd had in years.

«────── « ⋅ʚ♡ɞ⋅ » ──────»