ice and fire

A/N: HOLY MOLY THANK YOU FOR ALL THE READS <3 I reached 666 reads on Quotev XD All your support is so uplifting!! I'm sorry this chapter was a bit late, but school ends TODAY!! and i will have a lot of time to write and plan out chapters! I am so happy you guys are enjoying this :^) I have never been too confident in my writing but every time I see the viewer count grow I do my own little version of Ralph's happy dance. As always, enjoy xx

Chapter 4: ice and fire

"Wait, stop!", a voice shouting behind you. You turned back, not expecting to see another android running full speed at you, you sped faster through the crowed street.
"Faster!", Kara breathed out, pushing past pedestrians. "Aha excuse me- sorry- nice hat". After running for a solid three minutes, you made it to a fence.
Kara pushed Alice up and over and soon started to climb over herself. You jumped on to the fence, extending your hand down to Ralph. He grabbed it and you started pulling him up.
Footsteps echoed in the alleyway as the enemy android finally started to round the corner. Ralph, still trying to keep his hold on the fence, slipped, but you still held an iron gold on his wrist. "Come on- up, up!", you gasped, pulling him up and pushing him over to the other side of wall.

'Almost there.... almost", you thought, wrapping right leg over the top of the fence, however luck was not on your side. The android of the other side grabbed your ankle, trying to pull you off. You kicked like a mule, trying to break him off. "Get the fuck off me you defective cunt!", you kicked the android in the face just as Kara grabbed your arm and, too, pulled you over the fence.
Jumping down and running down to the side of the highway, you looked back seeing a human joining the android.
"Conner, don't go after them", he sighed, "They'll never make it across the highway."

The guy had a point. How were you going to get across the highway. Kara looked at you, then at the busy road.
"Kara there's no way we can get all of us across!", You solemnly said, wiping a brow and breathing heavily. Ralph's anxious face entered your vision.
"We have to, (Y/N)! That's our only chance of getting out of here to the safe space!", she called over the loud roaring of cars. "Safe space?", you questioned.
"Yes!", she called again over the roaring engines of self-driving cars and big trucks. "A garbage android gave me directions!".
"Another android you say?", you said, an idea entering your head. "Here, Kara, give Ralph the directions!", you said, pushing the damaged android towards Kara and Alice.

Kara sounded a bit distressed. "Ok, but he's damaged, what if it doesn't go through correctly?!," she tried to reason. Time was running short.
"We'll figure it out! Just do it!". Kara looked me at Ralph, grabbing his hands and closing her eyes. The skin of their hands disappeared, revealing the white plastic underneath.

"Ok, Ralph knows the way", Ralph said, grabbing your hand and pulling you down your side of the high way. You looked back, seeing Kara and Alice cross almost skillfully. Holy shit, she had to teach you how to do that.

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

You had followed the highway to a less busy part of the road. "Look, Ralph, we can cross into the forest from here... also, um, can you let go of my my hand?", you blushed, fingers of your other hand in a fist. Ralph jumped a little, quickly detaching his hand from yours.
"Ralph is sorry... he was just really excited!", he sputtered, rubbing his arms. "Let's go...", you spoke with a breathy laugh.
You both entered the leaf-bare forest, a few brown leaves still hanging on. Winter surely was coming on fast. Looking overhead you spotted a flock of birds heading south for the winter. Ralph's gaze followed yours.
"They're like a family..", he smiled wistfully. "Hm?", you ripped your face away from the sky and stuffed your hands in your pocket. "Mm, yeah, I guess". Damn, he was still on about that? Poor guy.

Running a hand through your greasy hair, your boots crunches in the half-frozen grass. You shivered pulling your arms around yourself. Damn, it was cold.
Night was falling now, however you couldn't see the stars. Dark clouds swirled in the sky, blocking out the sunset and the soon-to-come stars. Overall it was very depressing.
"Are you cold?", Ralph said out of the blue, turning to look at you with a hazel eye.
"No...", you were cut off by your own shiver. "Are you sure..?", he pressed.
"Yes, I'm fine, gosh! You'd think my jacket would do its job...", you rolled your eyes.
"Ralph doesn't believe you...", he said, irritation radiating off of him. He put a hand on your shoulder to stop you. He pulled off his cloak or shawl type thing, throwing it over your head. Immediately it cut off the cold wind.
"I- uh.. thank you.", you stuttered, face glowing hot, "But what about you?".

He gave out a breathy laugh, "Ralph is fine, he cannot feel the cold". You gave a hum, focusing back to where you were going.

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Night has now fully taken over Detroit. It's only blackness filled the woods and the only light game from the yellow glow of Ralph's LED. However, as you approached the edge of the forest, a greater glow appeared. Looking through the trees you saw a fire blazing and a group of people surrounding it.

"Well, well, well, if it isn't Foxy?".