first snow

Aaa A/N: AAA THANK YALL FOR 2000 READS! Sorry for the late update, I'm currently on vacation! ;u; In honor of this amazing milestone I am holding a cover contest! You can submit anything like edits, images from the actual game, or actual art! (Keep it PG and if your using someone else's art please ask for permission and credit!). I would also like to know if you'd like a sweet story all the way through or would you like some angst thrown in ;^)? Winner will receive a shout-out and have their cover used on the story! I hope you enjoy this chapter ~ xoxo

Chapter 7: first snow

You and Ralph walked through the forest, almost to the destination Kara had given you. Your pockets were now full of supplies and Ralph's shawl was back on his shoulders. "Is this the place?", you questioned, raising an eyebrow. Ralph shrugged and you both pushed through the trees to view a large house.

"Kara? Alice?", you pushed past Ralph and ran towards the girls. Kara turned to look at you, eyes filling with relief. You somehow failed to notice the tall man in front of them.

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Luther is a strange character. He is a tall, dark skinned, and well muscled android. You were honestly shocked to see him facing Kara and Alice as you tore your gaze away from them. However, the man's personality didn't reflect his form. He is kind and caring despite looking like he could bench press a truck.

The five of you were currently driving away from the large house in a self-driving car. Kara and Luther were in the front seat while you, Alice, and Ralph sat in the back. You had never had the luxury to even set foot in one of these. You could even remember riding a dingy bike to school and home. It even still smelled like new leather.

Anyways, after what Kara had told you about what happened in that house, you were glad to be far away from it. Kara flipped through some of the channels before stopping, almost transfixed, on a news station. You cocked your head, focusing on the news report as well.

"..... shows reports of a peaceful android riot held by the illusive android leader known as Markus.....". You tuned out the news lady, turning to look at Ralph who was softly whispering nonsense to himself. You blinked at him, a brought a hand up to rub your eyes. It surely had been a very long day.

Your gaze drifted over to Alice, who was staring silently at her hands. You reached over and gently shook her shoulder. She looked up, her dark eyes sparkling.
"Hey, Alice, do you want some cookies?", you said with a small smile, pulling out a packet from your jacket and shaking it just a bit. You had taken them back when you raided Frostbite's camp.

She shook her head, politely declining. "No thank you, I'm not hungry...", she said quietly, looking back down. You frowned, stuffing the pack back into your jacket pocket. "I guess you have a point there... after all this shit, I'm not to hungry either, eh?", you replied lightheartedly, yet not receiving a reaction.

Tired of hearing the overly-happy voices of news reporters, Kara switched the screen off and turned her attention to the fogged window. "I've never seen snow before... it's pretty....", Kara smiled, her eyes staring dreamily at the white flakes fluttering in the air and covering the ground. You blinked your tired (e/c) eyes and raised a brow. "Seriously?", you scoffed, "It may look pretty, but it's a bitch to walk through...".

Luther grunted in agreement. "(Y/N) is correct. It will only slow us down". Kara hummed, tapping her fingers against the interior plastic. "At least we won't run into any humans along the way..", he then stated, trying to lighten the dim mood.

You groaned, irritated. These androids were so lucky they didn't require sleep.... or food.... or anything at all really! You lulled your head on Ralph's shoulder in anguish. He gave a small gasp and was released from his trance. His eyelids fluttered in surprise and his eyes locked with yours.
"What?", you halfheartedly snapped, cutting yourself off with a yawn. "That is right.... Ralph had forgotten humans must rest! However, Ralph is not soft or warm so why....". You shushed him with a finger and wrapped your arms around his. "Just shut up.... zzzz".

Ralph was suddenly caught in another trance. His hazel and blue-flooded orbs traveled your sleeping face. He had never seen a sleeping human this close before, nor did he think he would ever see one in his lifetime. He looked away, almost feeling... warm? This was strange. He wasn't physically warm, not as far as he knew, yet he was still feeling this way. He wasn't gonna complain, though. This warm was good.

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

You were awoken by the sudden jolt of the car stopping. Damn you and your habit of not wearing your seatbelt! You pushed yourself up from the seat and gave the Kara and Luther a look.

"What happened?", you groaned, rubbing your groggy (and hurt) head with your hand. Luther shrugged his shoulders, "I don't know.... but it doesn't look good...", he replied, turning his and Kara's chairs around to face you. You as well as Ralph jumped a bit in surprise, not expecting that at all. These fancy cars were so weird.

"Stay here, Alice", Kara said calmly to the little girl, then proceeded to step out of the vehicle with Luther. You just hoped they could figure out what was wrong. Alice, even you, probably couldn't survive walking all the way to your destination without at least getting sick.

You tried to get a glimpse out of the foggy windshield to no avail, only hearing the muffled voices of Luther and Kara. You gave a hopeless look to Ralph. "What do you think we're gonna do...?", you sighed, running a hand through your hair. Ralph noticed you do that when you stressed.

He gave you a solemn look, wringing his hands together, obviously stressed. "Ralph... doesn't know", he replied, light from the front panel reflecting from his hay-colored locks. You frowned deeply, turning to check on Alice. What about her?

Luther poked his head in through the open door, beckoning with his hand. The three of you exited the car and Luther lifted Alice onto his shoulder. Kara looked back towards you. "Up ahead!", she called.

Wrapping your arms around yourself to fight against the harsh wind, your eyes caught sight of an old, worn sign.

"Pirates' Cove..", you whispered.