Five

Chapter 5: The Contrast. 

"You're funny" Neymar laughed at me while taking a sip of his coffee.

Neymar picked me up at around 11 AM and both had breakfast together. 

"So tell me, have you ever fallen in love for anyone? Honestly. Say the truth" i asked him out of the blue.

"Yeah but, i haven't loved them genuinely." He answered.

I cant say i didn't expect that. Neymar doesn't look like a deep-relationship type of guy. I mean, i get it. He is a football player and 60% of his life revolves around that sport. 

"Have you?" he asked me after a while. I snapped out of my thoughts and took a sip of my coffee.

"I did, i loved him to death, He said i was different, but i found out he cheated on me" I said, trying to deny the anger and sadness.

"Ouch, that must've hurt" he said.

I nodded my head and tried to get the image of Jack away from my mind.

"Hey, i bought the dress you suggested me to wear" i changed the subject after a moment of silence.

His eyes widened and he was about to choke on his coffee.

"You did?" he asked excitedly.

I nodded my head and laughed at his excitement.

"Well good, because I'm going to this club party thing and i want you to come with me." he said.

"But no drinking for you young lady" he warned me jokingly. I laughed as we both made our way out of the restaurant.

As we walked outside normally, suddenly, all i could see were bright lights. All i heard was the sound of cameras flashing and people screaming loudly. I shut my eyes and tried to follow Neymar without being caught up by the people around us. 

We quickly ran to his car. We got in calmly and i could see Neymar holding the steering wheel stressfully. His jaw was locked and he looked really.. different. It looked like he was full of antagonism, and he wasn't happy with our current situation. 

"Neymar.. were those the paparazzi?"  I asked after a while, hoping he wouldn't react furiously. But he didn't reply with anything. He kept quiet, carefully looking at the road.

"O..kay umm.. just drop me off at my house so i can get ready for the party thing." i said. He still didn't say anything. But i knew he was going to drop me off anyway.

A few minutes passed and nothing was said, but we arrived at Claire and Lucy's house anyway.

"Thank you" i said awkwardly and left his car. I saw his car leave as i waved goodbye. I got inside the house and dropped my bag, feeling really relieved.

"Where were you?" Claire and Lucy asked.

"Don't worry. I was with... Lance" i lied. They all sighed and nodded.

I went to my room and took a shower. After that, i did my makeup and dressed up.

The dress i bought the other day fitted perfectly. i paired them with some heels that my dad bought me last christmas.I didn't do anything with my hair, just because the heels were enough.

I had already called Neymar and told him i was ready for the night. I knew i wasn't going to drink right away, because i don't want to end up in Neymar's house the next day. But nonetheless, i was really excited.

***

"Wow" he said.I shook my head looking confused.

"You look beautiful"