Chapter 21

"Mum I'm fine I don't need anyone to walk me to school" Virgil rolled his eyes at his mum's over protectiveness he's dad's been jailed over a month ago and today was Virgil's first day back at school, "I just want to make sure you get there ok" his mum told him trying to tidy his hair with her fingers, Virgil groaned and lightly hit his mum's hands away and fixed his hair him self.

"I've been walking to school the past 12 years on my own I'm almost 16 I don't need my mum walking me to school you don't even walk Ryan and Chase to school and their 7" Virgil snapped at his mum sick and tired of her babying him for some thing that happened almost two months ago.

"The kid has got a point he would get picked on if anyone saw you walk him to school" Jack stuck up for him, Virgil smiled at him gratefully and gave a slight nod to show he was thankful earning a smile and a slight nod back.

"Fine" their mum sighed not wanting to argue, "but Jack I want you to walk him, he won't be picked on for his popular big brother walking him would he?" their mum smirked as she heard both boys groan.

"No but I might" Jack rolled his eyes making Virgil frown slightly hurt since he thought he and his brother were getting on now, "no offence Virge your cool and all but at school your kind of a loser" Jack told him, Virgil's frown deepened that one definitely hurt.

Virgil picked up his bag and slung it over his shoulder as tears stung his eyes, he blinked a few times feeling a bit pathetic, "I'm walking with Roman, Patton and Logan their waiting in the park for me it's only 5 minutes away" Virgil told them his back facing them so they wouldn't see the tears in his eyes.

"Virgil wait I didn't mean it like that" Jack said realising the way he had said and how Virgil's voice cracked at the end of his sentence, Virgil ignored him and walked out the door to meet his boyfriends.

"You better apologise that boy has been though more than enough the past few months he doesn't need this crap from you" his mum told Jack, Jack sighed and nodded whiles looking at the floor and quickly hurried to catch up to his brother.

Virgil wiped his eyes on the back of his hoodie sleeve he didn't even know why he was crying yes it hurt to hear his brother call him a loser after every thing that had happened but he used to always called him names that never bothered him before. "Virgil, fuck you walk fast" Jack panted as Virgil walked faster wanting to hurry up and get to the park.

"Virgil, I'm sorry I didn't mean to call you a loser" Jack told him frowning as Virgil flinched at the word, Virgil continuing to ignore him as he entered the park, "I know you don't need a babysitter so I'll see you at home ok?" Jack said sighing when Virgil didn't reply back to him.

"Virge! you scarred us your late" Patton told him as he run up to him and gave Virgil a large hug witch made him chuckle and hug him back, "sorry Pat, mum was trying to convince me to let her walk with us to school" Virgil told them pushing the incident with his brother out of his mind.

"You managed to talk her out of it right?" Roman asked not wanting to get made fun of at school again, "well since we can not see her I assume so unless she's hiding in the bushes" Logan told Roman who rolled his eyes at him.

"I wouldn't be surprised if she was Lo" Virgil laughed but quickly glancing at the bushes in case, Patton giggled and shook his head as he took Virgil's hand, "we better get going we have Mr Johnson first" Logan told them laughing lightly as Roman and Virgil groaned.

They walked to school talking and laughing sadly it didn't last as they walked up to hell A.K.A school. The school morning went by quickly Virgil given lots of work to catch up on making Logan promise to help him and soon enough it was lunch time.