27

Dear daughter,
Be afraid be very afraid.

Dear daughter, Be afraid be very afraid

~~~
...
...
...

     " Alec." I place a hand on my mates shoulder only for him to shrug it off. The action causing my heart to clench slightly but I knew not to take it personal as he and Jane had gotten into one of their rare arguments.
    " Alec you cannot just continue to ignore her." I sigh slightly stepping back to give him space. " So now your on her side?!" He stands abruptly and turns to me his cape swirling around him due to his fast movements. I flinch  my mind flashing to when I was a tiny human scared of her fiancé.
    Alec seems to notice my change in behavior and steps forward  causing me to take three back clenching my eyes shut. " Anastasia-"
   " I'm fine" I breath out not opening my eyes as venom tears gather in them. " I'm on no ones side but I do know how it feels to drift apart from your sibling. I don't want you to go through that pain. it's a stupid argument and I couldn't bare to watch it tear you two apart." I sigh quietly my body ridged as I fought my own emotional demons. I knew Alec would never hurt me but the scars and pain were still there and sometimes they resurfaced throwing me into a emotional mess.
    " I'll talk to her." He moves slowly to me and I wrap my arms around myself my body tensing with each step he takes. " Anastasia please...I would never hurt you." He whispers slowly to me and I exhale the hurt and pain in his voice to much for me to bare.
     " I know. I know you would never but sometimes it's hard. God damnit it's hard. I've avoided love for so long in fear of a tragic repeat its like instinct to just shrink away like I did when I was a weak human." I chuckle humorlessly a tear trailing down my cheek and dropping down onto the ground. Giving up on being gentle Alec speeds over to me and tugs me into his chest holding me close to him.
    " I would never let anyone hurt you that includes myself." He whispers in my ear and I unwrap my arms from around myself and wrap them around his waist. " It's fucking pathetic! He's gone and he shouldn't have any once of control in my life!" I growl out in pain. " Scars are there to show you survived the trauma. You are far from pathetic love" He runs his finger through my hair and I relax in his arms. " I love you." I whisper and he kisses the top of my head. " I love you too."
~~~~

' wake up'
'Wake up!'
'WAKE UP!!'

My whole body lurches forward my mind snapping back on as I frantically looked around  the room. A tower bedroom? How fucking cliché is this. I growl in annoyance and pain from the slight headache that was building in the back of my skull. Going to stand up a loud clank catches my attention causing me to look down at my arms.
" Chains?" I lift my wrist up to my eye level and snort at my discovery they were just regular iron chains. Any vampire could break through these. Standing up I crack my neck and breath deeply. Pulling my arms forward I smirk as the chain snaps in half like a piece of uncooked spaghetti. Cracking the cuffs off my wrist was done with the same ease as I looked around the area with more observation. 
The cobblestone walls climbed up 21 feet before ending with a dome like top. A window with bars was the only source of light and it stood to my left. Other then the bars and the large steal oak door that was on the other side of the room, it was normal. A king size bed sat in the corner with every other normal furniture needed for someone to live comfortably.
The chains were long enough that I could walk around but still be attached to the wall. ' What the hell..' I walk forward swaying slightly as my throat begins to burn. My hands fly up to my throat as if they'll quench my burning thirst. ' I haven't hunted since I drank that cup Esme offered me...and that was animal blood.' I gasp slightly as the pain is becoming unbearable ' it's been too long.' Looking up I catch a glimpse of myself in the vanity mirror that was across from me.
My eyes were pitch black. ' fuck.' I bow my head clenching my eyes shut as I try to control myself. My legs give out and I fall to my knees pulling them up to my chest as I try to control my pain.
" What a sight this is...one of the mighty Volturi princesses on her knees." a voice chuckles causing my head to snap up. " Remember me?" No?" A man walks out of one of the dark corners of the room dressed in a all black suit with sliver accents.
" How about now?" With a flick of his wrists long black claws slowly push out of his cuticles. " What are you?" My voice is horse and dry as I quickly try to get to my feet. " I'm called many things...Time master, Illusions creator, .." my mouth goes even more dry as my eyes widen " Djieene." Not to be confused with their sons and daughters which were djinns these creatures were lethal and old mystical beings that cut time in half with their claws. Not investable however.
" What do you want." I growled shoving my thirst aside and standing up straight. " I want to help you.." my eyes narrow and my lips thin as I stare at him. " What's the catch?" I growl harshly and he rolls his eyes " I've helped you before without asking for anything." He grumbles " I died!!" I hiss at him and he frowns tapping his chin with the tip of his claw
" That wasn't my fault!" He sighs before walking over to a large dresser. " Hmmm....they've really stalked it up for you." Opening one of the drawers a white fog leaks over the sides as he looks at me over his shoulder. " O positive I've heard your kind likes that type right?" I don't speak and watch his movements very carefully. He pulls a goblet out of nowhere and sets it on the dresser before pulling a blood bag out of the drawer. I clench my jaw looking solely at him and not the blood in the bag.
  " You've moved away from the Cullen's diet...started to convert for your little mate. Am I wrong?" I glare daggers at him not liking how he knows this much information about me. My diet was something only the Volturi knew about as I could switch between the two whenever I pleased without hesitation. He pours the bags contents into the cup and I hold my breath having trouble shoving my thirst aside. " You've changed so much dear. All for him it seems." He turns to me holding the goblet in his hands his claws overlapping each other.
" What has he done for you? Why couldn't he have gone to the Cullen's instead of you going to the Volturi?" My mind seems to halt at the sentence and I feel a slight twinge of anger. ' Djieene are masters of manipulation.' Apollo's voice ring distantly in my head causing me to glare harshly at the man as he shoves the cup into my hands. " I mean five years for a wedding? Seems like a long time to wait. Why did he suddenly get cold feet after you sacrificed so much?" He wraps a hand around my wrist and gently lifts it up towards my mouth my lips touching the rim of the cup the blood painting my lips.
" Where was he when you were taken-" He knows he's messed up and I can't help smirk before downing the blood. I set the empty cup down on the bench at the foot of the bed as I let him stew in his mistake. " You're right. You tell me where was he when they kidnapped me." I growled my mind clearing from his fog. " Anastasia..." I smirk taking a threatening step forward causing him to back up.
" I'll take this army to the ground and I'll start with you." I raise a hand and slam him into the wall behind him. " Stop!" He struggles against my hold before breaking free of my gifts not surprisingly as his species has the a very powerful background.
" You weak little girl!" He growls at me his green eyes flashing to a bright blue. " Weak?" I laugh shaking my head as he stares at me in shock. " I'm far from weak." Moving faster then the human eye can see I grab onto his right hand and stare into his eyes as I snap his claws off his hands.
" You've forgotten who drove your species to extinction.." I drop the five claws onto the ground before crushing them under my boots for extra measures. His screams make a cold smirk inch onto my face as I watch him roll around the floor holding his bleeding fingers.
" Perhaps I should refresh your memory?" I snarl slamming my boot onto his left wrist before bending down. My hand wraps around the five claws before yanking them off from his cuticles.Throwing four off to the side I keep one in my hand. "Y-You're Crazy!!" He screams and I laugh softly.
  " No. Im a Volturi." He opens his mouth to scream as I raise the claw above my head slamming it down into his chest killing him with his own venom. Standing up straight I throw the claw off to the side before walking over to the large oak wood door. ' Let's cause a little chaos.' I smirk as I place my hand on the door using my gift to send it flying off it's hinges.