⚘ Chapter 35 - Ultimatums

*Alexandra*

"Leave it to Andy to buy his way back," My mother grumbled as she sat in her wheelchair, frusterated from what I told her as she read the letters while I paced the room and Remington helped my grandmother eat.

"I asked Ashley to bring him," I said. "I know you don't want him around, but after this, its  time we talk about this."

My mom sighed. "I know your last asthma attack was not his fault, Alexa... But you need to understand that your father can't separate right from wrong.... Even when I met him, even before Juliet, he always fought left and right with his conscience."

I sighed as I sat on a nearby seat, looking over at my grandmother as Remington wiped her lip with a napkin.

I smiled as then my grandmother shifted a little and her bible fell from her lap.

"Oh," she said as Remington got it for her and she smiled. "Thank you, young man."

"You're welcome," Remington replied to her with a smile.

I looked at the bible in her hands as I then remembered when she made me read it before agreeing to know my father.

That's when I remembered the words she had me read, and an idea hit me.

"Mom..." I said, making her turn to me. "I may have an idea..."

"On what?" she asked.

I took a deep breath. "By any chance did you know BVB's lawyer, too?"

"Dina? Of course. She helped everyone, including the crew members," Mom said.

"Do you still have her number?" I asked.

She looked at me confused as the reels in my head continued to turn.

》The Next Day《

Remington sat next to me as we waited in the dining room with my mom, waiting for Ashley, Andy, and John who I also asked to come.

I would have needed Juliet here, too, but figured I don't need my mom on a murder charge and I like our house to be standing in one piece.

"You sure you know what your doing?" Remington asked.

"Trust me, you actually learn a thing or two when taking law classes for extra college credits," I said.

He nodded as then there was a knock at the door and Mom took a deep breath.

"Its okay... Just trust me, Mom," I said.

"Honey, you know I do," she said. "I just don't trust him, or John."

I nodded before getting up and walking to the door.

I took a deep breath before opening it and being met with my father and Ashley.

Dad looked like he hadn't slept in a good while, and kind looks thinner than when I last saw him.

Jesus, Dad....

I sighed before walking over and hugging him.

He seemed surprised by my actions, but I still feel him wrap his arms around me.

He may not have earned a #1 Dad mug, but he's still my father at the end of the day.

"I missed you," I confessed. 

It wasn't a lie. I really did miss him. 

He took a shaky breath. "I missed you, too..."

I clung to him for a while longer before we pulled back and he took a look at me.