26 | cut

(dedicated to @ccorellia for being such a sweet and amazing wattpad friend, and fellow football fan! xx)

I was officially on cloud nine thousand nine hundred and ninety nine.

Yes, I was that high.

Okay, not the high you're thinking of. I wasn't drunk. Maybe drunk on happiness, yes, but not inebriated.

Okay, I'm rambling now. Freaking stop, Elizabeth Shrader Townsend!

Tyler had told me he'd take me out on a date today, after the shoot. And today was our final shoot. After this, filming would officially be over. Of course, Save Yourself would need editing and final touches and that would take up more time before it finally released, but for us, the actors, the film was done.

I was feeling really heavy and blue about it. So many happy memories, great friends and memorable experiences were created during my first ever film. I didn't want it to end. But all good things must come to an end, as they say, and this film was only the beginning for me. I had a long way to go from here. So to do that, I had to stop being hung up and move on. But it was easier said than done.

I arrived on the set, just in time to see Kiara scolding a crew member for not getting the lighting on the set right. She could get real hyper sometimes, over the smallest of things. Guess she was a workaholic.

I would miss her the most. She'd been like a mother to me, discovering me and picking me out from among thousands of contenders for the role, shaping me and teaching me so many things, giving me advice about not only my professional but also my love life... The list was endless. She'd helmed my budding career and also played the biggest role in bringing me closer to Ty. I really hoped she'd consider me for spots in her future films.

I ran over to her and tried to play it cool, like it was just another day of the shoot. "Hey, Kiara, what's--what's up?"

I miserably failed, my voice cracking at the end. I was always a sensitive girl, and tended to get a bit emotional over small things. I remembered, as a child I had literally howled when Tom Hanks' character in Castaway lost his soccer ball named Wilson to the sea. I'd developed a liking towards that ball and considered it to be a live being. So when it'd got lost, I'd been heartbroken.

Yep, I was dumb. I get it.

So when I approached Kiara and failed to keep my voice steady, she noticed immediately and pulled me into a hug. She somehow always seemed to understand me.

"You think you're the only one who's gonna miss this?" Kiara sniffed. "God, Liz, I'm gonna miss you so much!"

I nodded, not being able to form any words suitable enough.

Kiara pulled away and looked me dead in the eye.

"You're going to need to move on, you know that right? This journey together was phenomenal, and I'm sure our film will appeal to the audience, but you know, there are so many more journeys like this waiting to be undertaken by you, dear. You're young, and new, and insanely talented. This young, raw talent is always very much in demand in the Hollywood industry, and I'm sure, with your potential, you'll become an A-lister in no time. But for that, you'll need to do many more films and not remain stuck at one point. Life is all about moving on. This was a special chapter in your life, and ours, but who says there aren't better chapters ahead? You need to turn the page to find out."

I stared at her. "When did you become so philosophical, Kiara?"

She smiled. "About sixty seconds ago. Now go, let's finish this once and for all. Let's wrap this up."