29 | screenings

(dedicated to shrutika217 for being my best mate and for sticking with me for 10 years)

It was official. I was over the moon, the sun, the stars, and everything in between.

No, Tyler hadn't proposed to me. He had given me a promise ring, signifying the fact that he and I'd be engaged once all the promotions regarding our film were over.

The ring was beautiful. It was a slim silver band, with an infinity shape carved in the middle, and a small diamond glinting in the centre of the shape.I'd decided then and there that I had to show Tyler how much I loved him back. I had to give him something too.

So two days later, I'd taken him on a surprise date to the Silverberry Lake, a beautiful and serene waterbody on the outskirts of the town. I had booked the entire lake for the day to keep it free from other tourists. We'd gone on a boat ride, laid on the beach, eaten some snacks, watched the sunset together and then returned. It was a bit cliché, I know, but at that time I couldn't come up with anything else.

Today was the day of the premiere and the first screening of Save Yourself in LA. I'd be meeting Kiara and the rest of the cast after quite some time.

The entire day was spent in prepping me up, since this was a big day for a debutante and I needed to look good. I was wearing a simple but beautiful pale peach dress which almost blended in with my skintone, but stood out all the same. It had a boatneck cut in front, but had a drop-shaped cut at the back, which made it look elegant and classy. I wore a pair of diamond earrings and my hair was tied up with a few tendrils framing my face.

And of course, the promise ring was there too.

I'd flown over to LA along with Ty for the event. We'd be staying there for a few days to complete some interviews as well.

As soon as I stepped out of my car onto the red carpet at the famous Dolby Theatre, I felt a rush of excitement as hundreds of reporters swarmed around me. It was suffocating, but thrilling too, at least, for a newbie.

"Liz, how does it feel like working with Kiara Black?"

"Liz, we hear you and Tyler Callahan have gotten quite close over these months. Mind elaborating?"

"Liz, are you and Tyler dating?"

"Liz, you're looking beautiful tonight! Which designer has made that lovely gown?"

I smiled my way through them all, answering a few questions but avoiding the stupid ones. Finally, after posing for several pictures, some alone and some with Ty, I reached Kiara and Leah.

"Liz! Oh my god, you look lovely! How are you? How are things with Tyler?"

I grinned. "Thanks, Kiara, Leah. You guys look stunning as ever. And yeah, things are going great."

Suddenly I was hugged from behind.

"Oh my gosh, Liz! You're here, finally! I've missed you so much! How are you and Tyler doing?"

I reached over and hugged Jackie. I'd missed her too.

Ty joined us soon after, followed by Matt, Ronan, Johann and all the others. Soon I felt like we were back to those fun times on set.

Then, it was time for the screening to begin.

I waited with bated breath as the film began. To be honest, I was extremely nervous and conscious about what people would think of this film and my performance and how the reception would be. I watched Save Yourself along with the others, and when it ended, I was in for a surprise.

Almost everyone who'd watched the film, including A-list actors, award winners and veterans, came up to me and Tyler and congratulated us on our, and I quote, 'amazing performance'. I mean, with Tyler, it was expected since he was a star already and had rightfully earned his fame, but for me, this was all very new and very sudden. I hadn't expected this kind of appreciation. Everybody said I'd done a superb job as a newbie and Kiara had very wisely cast me as the lead.

Well, it was overwhelming to say the least.

After the event was over, all the photographs were taken, and the after-party was done, I retired to my hotel for the night, feeling absolutely dog-tired. All the bones in my body, especially my feet from wearing those killer heels, were aching. As I climbed into the comfy bed, I got a call from Tyler.

"Hello?"

"Hey, Lizzie."

"Hey, yourself. What are you doing calling me so late at night?"

"What, can't I call my girlfriend now? I thought I had the right to call her whenever I wanted." I could practically see him pouting like a kid.

I rolled my eyes. "Yeah, this girlfriend needs sleep now, so call her later. Bye!"

"Wait!"

"What?"

"Won't you talk to me for a little while at least? I kinda miss you."

Despite my irritation, my heart soared at his words. My frown dropped.

"Ty, what will we talk about? You're literally a few doors away from me."

"Hey, I've got an idea! I can come over and we can go on a midnight, or rather, post midnight adventure! Together! How cool will that be?"

"Ty, I hate to burst your bubble, but as tempting as that sounds, this girl speaking to you is exhausted out of her mind, and needs some sleep. Which you do too. So yeah. Go. To. Sleep. Goodnight."

With that I hung up, despite his protests. I smiled softly as I closed my eyes, thinking that maybe I should've agreed to his 'cool' idea. But hey, I was human after all. I slowly felt my eyes drooping shut, and in the process, failed to hear the 'ping' sound of a notification in my phone. Then another. And another.

(A/N: so there's the next chapter, and no, he didn't propose! Bummer, i know right? I just didn't want to rush things so fast, just yet. Plus, lots of stuff is waiting to happen, so if he proposed now, it'd ruin the whole plot I've thought up. Next update will be a chapter of some twists! So hold on tight!
Btw, up there in the media section is the dress Emma Stone wore to the Golden Globes 2011, which I've also imagined Liz to be wearing at the screening... I absolutely LOVE that gown)