xxiv | Psychotic

Vera had received a morning text from Sam. Alerting her of the fresh scent, and the console of how perfectly fine everything would be. Vera dressed in hopes that it would be okay, and the turmoil with vampires would finally be over. Izzy and Vera took the drive out to Sam's cabin. The modest house a greeting as Izzy smirked at the likeliness of the color. It was so Vera.

"It's so cute." Izzy admitted, getting out of Vera and Steven's car. The sibling had overslept this morning, and in absence of his usual dibs on the car, Vera had taken it.

"Thanks I had to deal with Bella the whole time though." Vera grumbled, opening the door, and smiling at Sam's cleanliness. He had really listened when she warned him of getting it to the previous state of disarray it had been in. "I've been over here all week trying to make it all nice, and verified." Vera smirked over her shoulder as Izzy shook her head. "It sounds stupid, but I had to wash away and remnants of Emily. I just can't handle it."

"That is weird you've never been jealous. Not even when Sam was with Leah or her."

"I think it's because we're dating now, and close it brings out the flames." Izzy opened her mouth to speak when Vera jolted at the phone ringing on the table. "It's Sam's." Vera moved to pick it up, flipping the device up and putting it to her ear. It was a surprise the boy had kept it intact.

"Hello?"

"Hey, Vera! It's Billy. I was hoping you'd be around."

"Yeah what's up?"

"Bella left a few hours ago, and didn't return. With everything going on, could you go and check around for her? She's suppose to be at the beach." Billy questioned.

"Of course, I'll head out now." Vera hung up the phone, and picked her keys up off the table, turning to Izzy. "Swan is incognito. We have to find her."

"The community around here is so tightly knit." Izzy mentioned, the females driving down to the La Push beach, and scanned the area. It was empty which wasn't a great sign.

"Where could she be?" Vera questioned in low tones more to herself. Izzy's hand was under her chin the female leaning in the passenger seat on her knees.

"Wait," she jolted upwards, her slouched position failing. "Remember that night, when we went to the movies?"

"Uh yeah." Vera narrowed her eyes at the impervious question.

"You asked Bella if she was suicidal."

"Yeah, I remember, what does this have to do with anything Iz?"

"The weather is terrible. Look at water it's horrible." She pointed at the waves.

"You think she drowned?"

"Maybe not yet, but the people cliff dive in this area. Recreational, I've gone a few times, but if Bella was dead set-" Vera didn't let Izzy finish, reversing from the drive as Izzy jostled in her seat. She managed to toss around the directions to the upper dirt road. The teenagers rushing down the broken path. Vera broke through first, the ferns soaking her jeans, and branches scratching her face in her sprint.

"Bella!" She shouted looking at the female. Bella had removed her brown coat, standing by the edge of the cliff. The rain was beginning to fall splattering onto Vera's nose, and moving unknowingly down her face. Bella was arms spread facing away from the two girls.

"Bella don't do this, the weather's bad-" Izzy tried to speak, but was cut off by Bella's faint voice. The girl shut up under the need to hear her words.

"But you won't stay with me any other way." The words were hardly audible as if she hadn't meant to speak them aloud. With them spoken she collapsed, heading toward the frothy waves below.

"Bella!" Vera and Izzy shouted together, running toward the edge. Izzy flung into action tearing at her dark sweater. Vera turning to her. "What are you doing?"

"She'll drown by herself." She responded kicking her shoes off. Vera moved like a robot automatically following Izzy's movement. "And you won't?" She questioned pulling her sweatshirt over her head.

"I can't just let her die, not without trying," it was entirely selfless, impressing Vera immensely.

"If we both die, I love you and I hope they give our stuff to Angela." Vera whispered, holding out her hand for Izzy who held it tightly.

"And I hope they get married and have kids that look like us." Izzy cried out into the windy ocean. The two threw themselves off the ledge falling into the icy water. It instantly captured Vera chilling her to the bone, her blue hair colliding to her face and hindering her sight. She kicked to the surface calling out for Bella violently.

"She's right here!" Izzy shouted, closing in on the brunette who bobbed above the waves. She was crashed under once more as a wave submerged the three females. Izzy peered through the waves, her brown eyes finding red. The pale face reminded her instantly of the Cullen family, in her confusion of the unknown, her hand released Bella's. The female kicking back into the rock wall and knocking herself unconscious. The red haired female pushed Izzy to the wall, her hands going round her neck, and cutting off her air supply. Izzy began to thrash in discomfort as Vera finally broke from the waves, unseeing the terror below the surface. Looking toward the shore Vera could see the two males swimming toward them.

"Help!" She shouted, waving her hands as Jacob and Sam neared her. Jacob procuring Izzy and Bella. Sam latched protectively to Vera pulling the girl to the waters edge.

"Are you insane? What were you thinking?" He shouted shaking violently as Vera heaved on the rocky shoreline. Her breath caught in the back of her mouth.

"What was Bella thinking? Izzy and I got a call from Billy. We figured she was at the beach still. But she was trying to kill herself on the cliff. We were just trying to save her. How would I know you'd just show up-" Vera paused looking at the dark marks on Izzy's neck. Jacob was doing  chest compression on Bella. Giving her mouth to mouth.

"Why is her neck bruised?" Vera questioned moving to Izzy's side. Her brown eyes were open, looking around at the figures. "Izzy?" Vera held onto her hand in question as Bella gasped finally waking up.

"It was her, she was in the water." Bella spoke after coughing for a few minutes. "I saw her, the red hair-" Sam glanced back to Izzy.

"She must've tried to kill her." He trailed, Izzy sitting up straight and looking at Bella. The girl inhaled a few times before completely losing it and lurching to Bella. Jacob intervened holding back the female.

"Who was that crazy bitch?"