Chapter 3

The next morning, I wake up to an urgent email from my boss.

To... Violet Valentine
From.. Edith Jenkins
Subject..URGENT; Rex Hunter interview

Violet, great job on those stills with Vast Vindication! They look great! Listen, I have a job for you. You might have heard that Vast Vindication might be getting a new drummer so I was able to snag an interview with Rex Hunter this Monday since he's the only one left in town. You will team up with Jessica McIntosh, who will conduct the interview. I'm so excited about this piece. I know it's late notice but Vast Vindication has been hot on the charts lately so were lucky to have snagged this interview. Give me a call and we can discuss further.

Edith

Edith Jenkins
Editor-In-Chief
Musicality Magazine

    Shit. I'm not sure if I should be excited or scared. A chance to be a little closer to that sex on a stick man makes me want to scream and shit my pants. I shoot her back an email letting her know that I'd be more than happy to do the shoot and that I'd give her a call soon.
After being lazy in bed, I finally decide to get up and do clean up, I'm not a pigsty but like any normal human being, I hate chores. I would definitely get a maid but the way my wallet is set up, I rather not.

In the middle of putting my clothes in the wash, my door bell rings. Hmm.. I'm not expecting anyone. I tip toe to my door and hover over the peephole hoping that whoever is n the other side doesn't see my shadow at the bottom. Looking through the hole.. flowers?

"Who's there?" I call out to the floating flowers
"Flower delivery for a Violet Valentine." Says the young girl who's head pops out from behind the flowers.

I slowly unlock the door, skeptical of the surprise. "I'm Violet." I say.

"Sign here." She says, handing me a pad to sign.

"Who are they from?" I ask her handing her back the signed pad.

"Don't know, I just deliver them. Have a good day." She says sweetly and hands me the flower arrangement.

I take the bouquet of red roses and close the door. I take a deep breath in the flowers, they smell amazing. I'm not big on flowers but this is a nice surprise. I find a card attached to it. I open it and find a handwritten note.

*Dearest Vi,*
*I'm sorry. I wish I had told you *
*sooner.*
*XOXO*

"What— Who. The. Fuck?" I say out loud.
I cannot be anymore lost at this moment. I haven't talked to many people lately let alone be upset about something someone didn't tell me. Maybe they've got the wrong Violet Valentine?

Well the flowers are gorgeous regardless. I put them in a vase with water and settle them on my dresser in my bedroom. I squint at them as if they'll tell me who sent them. After a minute or two, I give up and continue my ungodly chores.

Those two and a half hours of ungodly chores drove me to three glasses of wine. I pull out my laptop and check my social media. I share some memes and two minutes later I'm, somehow, googling Rex Hunter. Since my brain wants to obsess over him for a bit, I figured if I can't beat it, join it. I don't find much on his Wikipedia page or on Vast Vindication's official site. I go back in google and click images. I see a ton of promo shoots and some red carpets.

I click on the photo of him at an event, the one where around his arm is a busty blonde, because I am a masochist, and I am immediately stupidly jealous. I click on next and see a similar photo except there's a different blond. Actually in the rest of the photos I find, they're all different blondes. I shut my laptop and shove it away. *Blondes. What a surprise.* I think to myself.