FOUR

"what do you mean?" i ask afraid of the answer.

"i thought if i made you this cute picnic then you'd be okay with being just friends..." he says looking away from me.

"i don't understand" i say as the hot tears burn my cheeks "w-what did i do wrong?"

"oh Tiffy, you didn't do anything wrong." he says reaching out to grab my face.

i back away knowing that his touch is my weakness, and i need to be strong.

"then why?" i plead through my sobs

he turns away from me and he speaks with a cold voice "leave."

i feel my heart break and fall into my stomach, i run into Alex's room the grab the remainder of my things and storm out of the house not even looking in Alex's direction.

as i sit on the front porch and cry waiting for my mom to pick me up, a familiar Tesla pulls up and out comes Scotty, Todd & David.

David's filming Scott because his nose is bleeding & the three of them are laughing so hard they don't notice me sitting there.

i hide my face in my knees and pray they walk right past me but i hear someone sit next to me and put their arm around me.

i sniffle and look up to see Todd looking at me with sympathy all over his face "do you wanna talk about it?"

i shake my head before I bury it into his chest and begin to cry again.

"hey Todd, are you comin... oh shit" i hear David start before stopping and running to sit next to me.

i lift my head from Todd's chest and wipe my eyes then look over at David as i let out the breath i didn't know i was holding.

"Tiff.. are you and Alex okay?" David asks softly as he places his hand on my shoulder.

i look at the ground and shake my head no, suddenly i hear David get up and walk into the house slamming the door behind him.

i hear muffled arguing inside of the house but i can't make out the words they're saying, but i know that it is David and Alex yelling at one another.

"Tiff i don't understand? you said he bought a ring and made a cute picnic... i just don't get it." he says sympathetically and confused.

"he..." i choke on my words as if i never want to say it out loud but i swallow the lump in my chest and continue "he thought if he made the picnic i'd somehow be okay with being his friend but i'm not okay with that at all"

Finally my mom arrives and without hesitation i grab my stuff and run towards her car, as i'm getting in David walks back out with a bloody nose and a few cuts on his face.

"Tiffany wait!" David yells to me as i get in the car and tell my mom to just drive.

——————— 4 hours later ————————

I wake up from my nap that I accidentally took after crying for too long & tiring myself out. I hear knocking on my bedroom door but ignore them.

"mom i told you i'm fine!" I say with frustration in my voice

The knocking continues making me get out of bed and stumble towards the door. I swing it open to see David standing in my hallway, he has a black eye, several cuts on his face and his knuckles have dried blood on them.

"Tiff.." he starts but I fall into his arms and hug him as i begin to cry.

"I told you i wouldn't let him hurt you, but he did so i had to return the favour." i pull away from david and look up at him, he wipes the years away from under my eyes and gives me a slight smile.

"He's your best friend David, you can't choose me over him like this." I sniffle looking at his beaten up face.

"Tiffany, it's not just because he broke up with you." he says as he looks away from me and walks towards my bed & he takes a seat.

"What is it then?" i question as i turn to look at him.

"Tiffany, he's been with someone else this whole time... months before he met you. She's in New Zealand for a year but she's coming back in a few months" he trails off, looking at the floor & refusing to make eye contact.

i felt my heart drop into my stomach like it was 200 pounds out of nowhere, all of a sudden the room goes black.

——————————————————
sorry it took forever!
hope you enjoy!!