It Was His Fault

Heyy guyyys! I was watching some vids on PJO and HOO and I found a video based on the amazing Viria's art. You might recognise the quotes. I was so inspired I decided to make a fanfic sort of following one of her infamous plotlines I SO HOPE YOU ENJOY IT!

***********

"Don't you leave me Jackson, don't you even dare leave me!" Nico screamed, dragging a half-dead Percy through the woods.

No response. Blood soaked through his orange shirt and his ripped jeans dragged across the ground. Nico stifled a sob as he continued. He was exhausted, his arm stung and his legs were on fire. Most of all, he was broken. Even more broken since what had happened. He tried not to think about what the campers would say. None of them had seen it. Only Nico. Everyone else was forced to evacuate.

Nico collapsed and Percy fell beside him. As he looked up dazed, the forest seem to magnify. The trees guffawed at him and the sky was as gloomy as ever. Nico looked aside at Percy. The boy was barely breathing, each came out forced and raspy. Nico crawled over to him and shook his shoulders.

"No no no! Wake up! Think about me! Look at me! Think about your girlfrien-" Nico stared emotionless at Percy's calm face, "Annabeth, what would she say? She needs you! Percy, please!"

He took a deep breath and tried again.

"You're the heroic son of Poseidon after all!" He screamed, "You need to-"

Nico stopped and took another breath.

"Water!" Nico cried.

He dragged Percy over. Why did he have to be so heavy! He stumbled through the trees until he found a river. He used the last of his strength to haul Percy in before he fell in himself.

He lay for a few seconds in the murk and algae until he felt a bit of strength in him. He got up and splashed through it till he was looking down at the floating Percy.

"Come on come on!" Nico looked up at the sky and screamed "COME ON DAD! AND POSEIDON! WHATS IT GONNA TAKE-"

His voice broke as none of Percy's wounds healed. The blood was still on his shirt and none of his scars were fading. Slowly, Percy's breath became inaudible.

Nico's eyes widened, "NO! NO PLEASE NO!"

He checked for a pulse but there was none.

The son of Poseidon was dead.

"No he cant be!" Nico yelled.

Ge got to his feet and pulled Percy up. He put his arm around Percy and trudged through the forest until he saw Camp Half-Blood.

He couldn't stop the tears from falling. All his pain had suddenly come together and exploded inside him. He didn't know what to do.

In a distant he saw Hazel.

"Help!" He pleaded and Hazel saw him.

"Thank the gods, Nico!" She cried running towards him but gasped when she saw Percy.

'"Hazel what's-" Annabeth said coming into view and then she stopped and inhaled deeply.

"N-Nico..." She started, "...Who- Who is that!"

Nico screamed and dropped Percy. His face looked so peaceful despite the fact that...well.

Annabeth ran over. She checked him for a pulse and when she realised, the placed a hand over her heart and started sobbing. Her face was on Percy's and she chanted "No" between breaths.

Nico cried too and Hazel wrapped her arms around him and hugged him. He felt her tears soak through his sleeve.

"Percy w-why did you go!" Annabeth cried into her boyfriend's forehead.

Nothing could change it. He was dead.