Chapter 3

Nico's POV

"Come on Neeks just one story!" Percy said, playing with my hair, "Pleaaaase?"

I sighed, not turning around but instead treasuring the feeling of Percy's cold fingers tangled in my hair.

"Only if you stop calling me Neeks," I growled and Percy chuckled.

"Yeah okay," Percy said.

Percy and I were in my room in my cabin. I was sitting on my bed, hugging my knees while Percy knelt behind me and was now hugging my neck.

"Yay bedtime stories!" He squealed and I laughed.

I rolled my eyes, "Me and Bianca went to school, a long time back. We were happy, my friends introduced me to Mythomagic, I got my first ever card and it was an Apollo card. I absolutely adored that card. Later on, I bought the pack."

"Aw," Percy rested his head on my shoulder, "That must have been nice."

"It was great," I smiled into the distance, remembering Bianca laugh and smile and tears came into my eyes, "My mother was always so paranoid, I never understood why until now. So back then, Bianca was like my mother."

I closed my eyes and felt a tear drip down my cheek. I counted to five then opened my eyes again. Percy was right in front of me staring into my eyes in concern.

"Nico, you're crying," he reached his thumb and brushed it over my cheek. My breath hitched.

"No, I'm fine," I wiped my eyes and suddenly Percy hugged me.

My cheeks immediately heated up but I didn't react.

"Nico," Percy whispered, "I'm so so sorry, I always felt so bad...but until now I never realised how much...I just want you to know..."

His eyes widened and he pulled away.

"Know what Percy?" I murmered.

He didn't answer just stared at his hands.

"Know what!" I hissed.

No reaction.

"Fine!" I screamed, "Just go! You don't care at all!"

"No Nico I-" Percy started but I waved my hand and he disappeared.

I sunk into my pillow and started crying.

Percy's POV

"-Love you..." I finished as I dematerialized.

Being dead isn't so much fun when people can't see you. You can see yourself but no one else can. I've visited everyone. I'm usually always at Annabeth's side, rubbing her shoulder while she cries. Or I'm with Nico.

Nico di Angelo. What can I say about him? When we first met, he was the annoying kid who had to tag along. Nosy, loud but loveable. When I returned to him without his sister, the hurt in his eyes was the worst thing I have ever seen, the guilt was eternally painful. Later on in the labyrinth, I felt sorry for him. He was just alone, wandering around hoping to find his sister. Besides, his powers were super cool. And then I saw him at my house at my birthday. We talked for a bit. That was the last time in a while that I saw him smile. It gave me a warm feeling. After that when he betrayed me, I lost all respect for him. I hated him and I didn't want anything to do with him. Then he saved me and turned up at the war with a giant army, I welcomed him back and he earned my trust.

I remembered when Annabeth and I trudged through Tartarus. My brain was fixed on Nico. Of course I comforted and loved Annabeth, but I couldn't stop thinking about Nico. He had called Bob for us, saved our lives. He had done that for...Annabeth. He loved Annabeth. I couldn't help feeling jealous. But I wasn't even sure who of. One tiny part of me was jealous of Annabeth because Nico liked her. What did she ever do? I had saved his life! I was so much better!