Chapter 56

Naomi POV

A few weeks earlier - to the day she asked Jack out

We'd been sat next to each other watching movies since 10am now, it was now 2pm and I was hungry and also in need of a cuddle. Sighing I shifted to just fall on him, Jack froze looking at me "What..."

"Cuddles?" I asked smiling, he raised a brow "Sure, if you want."

Smiling I moved so he could wrap his arms round me, leaning into his embrace we continued watching the film, I felt a weird feeling in my stomach. Like a sick sort of feeling but it wasn't a bad feeling...it felt like a good feeling. I breathed in sharply as he moved his arms from my waist to trace patterns on my back. I felt the tension just leave me, I wanted to stay in this moment forever.

"You hungry? We have pizza I think," he said, I mumbled tipping my head to the side slightly "No, I'd rather stay here thanks."

A shiver ran through me as he traced a line down my spine, then began tracing patterns again, he said quietly "But it's 2pm and..."

"Hmm in a moment then." I relented, getting up, I followed him to the kitchen, looking at him closely. That weird feeling in my stomach intensified the longer I stared at Jack. He glanced at me smiling faintly "What?"

"Nothing," I mumbled ducking my head, he continued with getting the pizza out and putting it in the oven. Hopping up onto the bench next to him, I saw him check me out, I wasn't wearing anything special. Shorts and a vest top, my hair was pinned up into two buns with wisps framing my face.

"You want a drink?"

I watched him, hopping down I said "I'll get it, where are the glasses?"

"Top." he replied, stretching up I grabbed two glasses, nearly dropping them when I felt his body behind me. He chuckled "What do you want to drink?"

I choked my very inappropriate response of saying 'you' and said "Water please."

He went to go fill the glasses up, and I could feel the chemistry, I knew how he felt about me. I knew now that I felt the same but...god like hell was I waiting for him to finally get round to asking me out. Going over I said "I'm gonna do something, you can pull away if you want or whatever but..."

"Nay..." he began, I closed the gap quickly, kissing him, he had one arm round me pulling my close the other at the nape of my neck. Pulling back slightly he murmured "You sure...you-"

"Shut up Duff and kiss me please." I replied, I was used to being the dominant one, and he was clearly not prepared for me to taking control. Pushing him up against the fridge, I kissing him hungrily, months, stupid months I've been agonising over whether I liked him like this or not. Now I was mentally kicking myself because this boy could kiss, I pulled back and kissing along his neck to his collarbone I said breathless "Jack, would you do me the huge honour of being my boyfriend?"

He stared at me, saying "Are you joking? Why'd you beat me to it Nay?"

I chuckled kissing him lightly, "Cause I want to call you mine, cause I finally figured out I love you too, cause I want to be around you all the time."

"I'll let you off then babe," he grinned kissing me again.

Back to present time

Shan POV

Naomi had just finished telling us how it happened, Jodie raised a brow "Cute, like seriously...Clo would you stop. Rye is not gonna be able to keep quiet much longer."