Chapter 3

The next morning, you woke up and headed for the shower. Afterwards, you applied some hand sanitizer and checked the still unconscious Uchiha's wounds. Cleaning the stitches and reapplying new gauze, you also checked to make sure he hadn't gotten a fever. Seeing that everything was good, you went into the kitchen to make some breakfast and coffee. When you finished eating, you cleaned the dishes and sent a text to Yulia; thanking her for the medical kit and explaining that it came in handy for tending to your new friend. You told her what happened and what you needed to do. She responded and said that she would be able to come over and visit the next morning, to check on the patient.

After thanking her again, you heard a knock on your door. Opening it up, you found that it was your neighbor Mr. Smith. He asked if you needed any help with your guest when you would have to be at work. With all the excitement from last night, you had almost forgotten about work. Blushing from embarrassment, you nodded at the man and said that would be great; allowing him to come in. You further explained that you had already checked and changed the bandages. After offering Mr. Smith a cup of coffee, whose first name is James (which you just now remembered), you went into your room to change into your uniform.

Heading out the door and driving off to work, you wondered again what had happened to Obito and how he had gotten here. You knew who he was because of the anime and manga Naruto and Naruto Shippūden. You had seen all of the episodes and owned all of the manga. You knew that he died near the end of the Fourth war. You weren't sure what to expect whenever he awakens, you just hoped that he wouldn't kill you. His appearance being what it was when he changes sides and fights with Naruto, would suggest that he should be approachable and friendly; but with him being a shinobi and in a new place, it might make him edgy.

You certainly didn't expect him to trust you right away, you weren't even sure how to explain what you knew; and how he would take the information. But, you figured that you could only take things one day at a time and hope for the best.

After deciding that it would do no good to continue worrying, you had noticed that you were at the restaurant. Going inside to clock in, you saw that your boss had seen you and looked like he wanted to talk. Walking over to him, you wondered what he needed. He motioned for you to follow him into his office and once you entered, proceeded to ask what your plans were for the day. He said that he was hoping you would go out with him and some other friends for a drink. You politely declined and said that you had an old friend visiting and planned to stay home to watch some movies. You then asked about taking the next day off, saying that you had a doctors appointment; it wasn't a complete lie since your friend Yulia is a nurse. Your boss seemed to shrug it off and said it would be alright. You weren't sure, but you had a small suspicion that he was upset that you weren't coming along for a drink later.

You were left with the feeling of just wanting the work day to be done already. It ended up being one of those days where it seems to drag on, and it wasn't even Monday anymore!

Once you did get home, you thanked your neighbor, James, again for helping you and offered to pay him something for his troubles. He declined however, saying that there isn't a problem with helping out a friend. He admitted that he thought of you as a daughter and that he just wants to look out for you. It brought a few tears to your eyes and you hugged him. He smiled and hugged back before leaving. Feeling overwhelmed with all the questions and emotions, you went into the kitchen and grabbed a decent sized glass. You opened your fridge and grabbed out a bottle of your favorite vodka and (Coke/Pepsi). Even though you declined on going out for a drink, it didn't mean that you couldn't have one at home. The best part is that you didn't have to worry about needing to drive anywhere, since you're already home.

Filling the glass about halfway with vodka and adding enough soda to give a better flavor, you happily turned on Crunchyroll to watch the latest episode of D Gray-man HALLOW. You enjoyed the show in the living room so that you could keep an eye on Obito. You knew you were getting drunk when you cried over General Cross's death and then laughed at Allen's immense hunger. You also realized that Allen eating donuts made you want a donut. You ran into the kitchen for said donut, stumbling a little as you went. You ran back as quick as you could, stumbling more and making noise. It caused the Uchiha to stir in his sleep and mumble what sounded suspiciously a lot like the name Rin.

You apologized quietly and giggled after realizing that you spoke English to someone who probably doesn't. You turned your attention back to your anime and fangirled over Kanda and Timcanpy. You laughed and cried more as the episode went on. After it ended, you turned off your PS4 and TV to get ready for bed. Once you took your empty glass into the kitchen and brushed your teeth, you laid down on your makeshift bed beside Obito and fell asleep.