Chapter 7

- I'm just here to say that I don't own Naruto or anything else that will be referenced or included in this story-

The last anime you had rewatched was D Gray-man HALLOW, after having a long and troubled conversation, you invited your guest to watch the next episode with you. It was a very interesting situation. Obito's reactions to the story of Kanda Yū and Alma Karma made it hard not to cry for the two characters again. He looked very pained in some moments and in others, it looked like he was seriously considering whatever lessons that where there to be learned. What you weren't sure of was how much it truly affected the man. Unfortunately he didn't make any comments or share his thoughts on the matter. You both just went to bed quietly.

This time after another long and slightly less troublesome conversation, You and Obito had stayed up awhile to watch a little bit of the anime Soul Eater. It was the fight between Maka Albarn and the Kishin Asura, since that was the episode that you hadn't rewatched yet. Also, again you had a bit to drink and you felt drowsy. Obito was watching with interest and seemed to learn something else from the fights between Maka and Soul's black blood to Maka and Asura. You giggled at the fact that the Kishin has the same name as one of the sons of the Rikudō Sennin, which happens to be the nice one; whereas the other son Indra could probably be considered a Kishin (or would it be a kishin egg 🧐?). When you asked Obito what he thought, it took him a while to understand what you were thinking, but he eventually gave a small smile. Either way, you were having a good time. Before the last episode started, you remembered that you would have to go back to work in the morning; silently groaning. You knew that you would have to go to bed soon and decided to lay down where you were, falling asleep.

Obito looked down at where you were sleeping and noticed that you were laying with your head on his lap. It startled him quite a bit and he blushed too. He didn't know what to do about it but he didn't want to wake you. So, after checking out the leftover space on the couch, he had to carefully move a little so that he could lay down. As a shinobi, he was used to being in small spaces to rest in, even when he was injured; so it wasn't too much trouble for him to get comfortable. Once he was settled, you started to move in your sleep towards the warmth and placed one of your hands on his chest. Your other hand was slightly underneath and slightly in between both you and Obito, causing the Uchiha to blush more.

He wasn't yet ready to sleep though, he had a lot on his mind. The anime that you showed to him, made him wonder about those places and people. If they could somehow connect to this place like he did? It was an unsettling thought that he decided not to worry about. That didn't mean that he didn't mentally file away the information for later. One thing that he noticed as being helpful, was the fact that with both shows, there was a way to understand what was being said in both his language and in the girl's language. With his Sharingan and shinobi training, it gave him a very good start to learning what he needed to know. Not enough but at least a start. The books and audio you bought would really help more. Perhaps he could try to share his own knowledge of the language? For that, Obito knew that he'd have to focus only on the memories of what he learned and grew up with. It would be hard and could take a lot more chakra than needed. Perhaps that would be the last resort. He really needed to save up chakra and heal before he could try to get back home.

'Home... would I really be able to go back? Will anyone want me to come back?'

Obito is pretty sure that he'll need to help with the fight against Kaguya, since it took Kakashi using Obito's Sharingan and susanoo to help the kids; according to the girl's manga anyway. But, after that, he doesn't know. Naruto and Sasuke might have their final fight, losing a limb in the process; which he might be able to supply some of the Hashirama cells from Madara. Aside from some small things to help with, what more could he do for the village?

'Is it really my home anymore? I haven't been there for years.'

Apparently Orochimaru doesn't have to atone for much, since it doesn't really seem like a big deal to have that strange ANBU man following. Obito is sure that going back means that for him, he would have to serve a heavy sentence for his crimes. While he's not against doing so, he is worried that he'll feel like returning was pointless. He's not really sure just how much Naruto's forgiven of him. His other concern is whether he should bring the girl and her neighbor or not. He knows to expect chaos when he returns and without knowing who they are or how they are connected, it makes things complicated. There are still unknown factors that he needs to work out before he can leave.

Deciding that he will find out what the unknown is while waiting to heal and have enough chakra, Obito knows that he will have a plan ready. Feeling more confident than he had in the last two days, Obito finally allows himself to fall asleep.