Madonna Week

Autumn's POV

The next morning I woke up in Mike's bed. I couldn't remember falling asleep the night before, but I was in Mike's arms. My heart began to beat a mile per minute as I realized his hand was laid loosely around my waist and my legs were tangled within his.

I bolted up as the alarm went off on the floor,causing me nearly have a heart attack. I gasped for air with a pounding heart as I slipped out of Mike's bed and onto my feet, still with my heart feeling like it might beat out of my chest. Mike was bolt upright, with no clue of how we were positioned a moment ago.

Mike, disheveled, turned the alarm off and ruffled his messy hair. I could only imagine what I looked like in morning and now I know. It reminded me of messy sex hair when all you want to do is run your fingers through it and moan softly into their ear.

"Great way to start the day" Mike chuckled with half his eyelids closed. I smiled awkwardly and turned, feeling my heart through Mikes t-shirt that was still warm from his body heat pressed against my own.

I smiled to myself and took my wet hair tie out of my hair. I ran my fingers through my stubborn curly hair that remained damp. The room was silent as Mike grabbed a deep blue colored shirt and some red jeans.

"I'll be right back I promise" Mike replied, trudging out of the room and to what I guessed to be the bathroom. I stayed as quiet as I could in his room, making sure I was not going to disturb his parents. I got to the floor and rubbed Rusty's head, sitting in the silence with my thoughts.

I don't even remember falling asleep, let alone in Mike's bed, and even further... in his arms. I had a huge grin spread across my face that I didn't realize I had until Mike came back into the room and just like that, it vanished.

"I've got to go. Do you want me to do anything for you while I'm out?" Mike asked. 

I looked up with hopeful eyes. "This window," I began. I looked over at the window at the end of his bed and then back to meet Mike's eye. "does it lead to the front yard and can I go in and out of it?" I questioned quickly, avoiding taking too much time from him to get to school. 

Mike came into the room and grabbed his book bag out of his closet. That's when I noticed my clothes that were sitting on his dresser next to his TV. So he must've fallen asleep after me if he had time to fold all his laundry and have time to put it away.

"Yes, just be careful and quiet when you pop the screen out" his smile....

"I'll be back around four. You don't have to worry about my dad coming home anytime soon and my mom leaves at seven and doesn't get back until four" his eyes....

"But I should be back by then" his voice...

"Okay" is all I managed to say, still a little dazed. The mixture of orange and red lit up his room, applying the perfect amount of exposure to the contrasts in his face. It only made me want to paint him, draw him, all of the above.

"See ya" he spoke cheerily before leave me to my thoughts all alone in his room.

I sighed out loud and buried my face into my knees with one hand tangled in Rusty's fur and the other buried in my own hair in frustration. 

He drives me crazy. Ugh.

I shut my eyes as I ran my attention through the files of Mike Chang I had dated in my brain. The first time we met. My first slushee. His first dance in front of me. The time we went to the movie theater, the thing with his bike. The time he helped me practice for Sectionals. The first time he took me up to the roof of the school. The time he defended me at Matt's party, and finally Andy's outburst. Then the memories kept coming. My memories of Mike have all been amazing, giving me a warm fuzzy feeling inside, and then Andy. He ruined it all the time.