Chapter 10

This chapter is unedited because I am too tired for that, so if you see any misspelled words or grammatical errors, comment it nicely. On to the chapter...

Chapter 10:

"How did this happen? How did she even get the keys to her cage?" Faust's shouts could be heard outside of his office door. Elaine and Jim slipped in quietly while Faust shouted at the guard, who was supposed to be at his station during the escape. Luna Keller soon joined them. Elaine hadn't seen her around the pack until now. She watched the Luna move gracefully to her mate's side and put a small hand on his shoulder. "Calm down, you won't get anything done just shouting at your members," she said, still calm. There was something about her presence that felt so serene in such a tense atmosphere.

Faust let out a shaly breath and told the guard, "Leave and make sure I don't see your face until I call for you. Your punishment will be severe, know that." The guard gulped and left, closing the door softly. After a couple seconds of tense silence, Elaine spoke up, "When did she escape?" Faust sat down on his chair and rubbed his temple. "We don't know yet. Me and two of my men went down to the cells to check on them, but when we got there, that guard earlier was unconscious, the thirteen dead, all killed in some gruesome way amd Kylie was gone. I immediately punched the alarm and had everyone on lookout. The bodies were still warm when we got there, so Kylie couldn't have gone far. I have my most trusted warriors out searching for the bitch right now." Elaine nodded and said, "I want to help. You'll need to search at least six miles past your border. If I was Kylie, I wouldn't stay near the pack I'm running away from. I'll have my warriors stationed there and on the lookout."

"Kylie's going to the Yule Council," Lincoln's voice suddenly drifted into the room. "She's going to twist the story and say she was going to be whipped for no reason. She wants revenge on both Elaine and Alpha Faust and on someone named Jay." Elaine growled. If the bitch wants a war, she'll get one. "The Council will most likely believe her and they know I'm here, and they want any reason to fight me again. And they still want Scinece and Lincoln, enough motive for them to attack." Faust looked at her, confused. "You've fought with the Council before?"

Elaine nodded, still angry about the incident. "Before Gina became my Beta, I had another one. But when we were camping out near Mississippi, the bastards ambushed us. At the time, we had just come back from a big battle and everyone was tired. When we did realize we were being attacked, half my warriors were dead and my Beta was fighting two of the Elders, Kole and Falah, both elemental fae. The rest of the Elders, Juna, Opal and Alister were rounding up some of my members. I was filled with adrenaline and rage and attacked the three first. I left them bloodied and bruised, but when I turned to Kole and Falah, they had beheaded my Beta. I would never forget the injustice that day and I vowed to them I would kill them if they ever show up in front of me."

Lincoln wrapped an arm around Elaine's shoulders and Elaine was thankful for the act of comfort.

Then Elaine turned to Faust, "If they attack, we need to be prepared and come together. The Council is powerful and will not leave any wolves alive. Which I'm sure you've witnessed first hand. In order to fight them, we'll need to know their powers. But for now, we need to rest and first thing tomorrow, we start training. The Council won't be reckless in attacking because they know I'm here. It'll take them at the most a week to plan."

Faust nodded and they all went to their respective rooms. Scinece and Polly were waiting for Elaine, Lincoln and Jim to come back. Polly had picked up Jim's habit of pacing and she almost bore a hole through the tent. When the flap was pushed open, Scinece raised Elaine's spear, ready to attack, but it was only the three. Polly ran to Jim, giving him a big hug.

"What happened? What did those alarms mean?" Polly asked, once everyone was seated. Elaine answered, caressing Scinece's hair, "Kylie escaped and she's headed to the Yule Council," Lincoln said, cuddling up to Elaine's side. After that, conversation about earlier ceased and they talked about something else until they all fell asleep, cuddled against their mates.