03

"The watcher in the woods"

Previously on Pride:

"Regina started walking towards the figure and he stood up the neon sign lights shining down at him from the side, glowing against the black leather jacket that hugged his broad shoulders. He had dark and short enough hair to showcase the fairly big snake tattoo decorating his neck.

He smirked at her and crossed his arms over his muscular chest.

"Hey there, Princess."

He kept smirking at her somewhat smugly and Regina furrowed her eyebrows while mimicking his actions and crossing her arms over her chest, "What do you want, Sweet Pea?"

At her pretentious coldness he chuckled, "Why? Now I can't even see you anymore so that your, quoting you, idiot of a brother won't catch us?" 

Regina only rolled her eyes in response to his taunting. "Actually, talking about your brother," Sweet Pea's expression turned serious. "I keep seeing him near the Southside lately." He announced and she knew what he was hinting at.

"That's none of your business." Regina retorted and started heading back inside.

 "Are you seriously going to act like it never happened?"

The brunette froze in her steps and turned back towards Sweet Pea who now had a frustrated expression on his face, "Act like what never happened?" She was frustrated too, she didn't want what happened between them to go like this.

"Us. You and me." He stepped closer to her gently but firmly gripped the both sides of her arms, holding her close and staring her down, "Or are you seriously saying that it was all nothing?"

He bent down to her eye level and looked her dead serious in the eyes, "Did it mean nothing to you?"

Regina froze in her struggling and stopped to stare at him, "Well, it meant something for me," at his words her face started feeling warm. That must've been hard for him to say out loud considering his personality. Oh great, here she was, blushing and like pudding in the arms of a Southside Serpent who she may or may not have had a fleeting romance with last summer. She hasn't even told about it to anyone other than Kevin.

Regina Mantle would never admit out loud that she had a love affair with a Southsider. Especially to her brother.

The brunette girl gained consciousness and started peering away from Sweet Pea's grasp, "Don't worry, I'll take care of it." She ignored his confession by referring to the matter concerning her brother which made her feel guilty and like she was lying to herself (which she was) but still walked away from him, not looking back even once. 

And this time, he didn't hold her back. He just let her go.

_

Regina was sitting on a bench at the side of the football field, waiting for her brother who had yet to show up as the other players were already warming their muscles for today's practice. She had hoped to finish their conversation from last night.

"Reggie?" Regina knocked on her brother's room's door before stepping in and finding him on the ground, doing push-ups with headphones on. She sat down on his bed waiting for him to finish but he noticed he walking by and pulled off his headphones while continuing his workout.

"What's up?" Reggie asked and Regina chuckled while looking at her brother with raised eyebrows, "What, I can't come and bother your workouts anymore without a motive?"