Part 4: Want

Jefferson's POV

Our faces are mere centimeters apart when I notice the discomfort in Hamilton's face. He's blushing, yes, but there's an element of distaste that makes me stop myself. 

"I really want you. I don't deserve you, but I want you." I say, barely audible. 

"You really don't." He says. Ouch. Then again, he is just agreeing with what I said. "But I'll give you this. God knows how long I would've been in that parking lot had it not been for you. I know I already said that you turned yourself around, but I still can't shake the feeling that it's an act. So let's call it even and leave each other alone?" He starts to pick up his bag when something jingles. 

"That's not- wait, what is that?" I ask. 

"It's nothing." He quickens the pace of getting his things together. He fiddles with something in one pocket, zips it and starts towards the door. I'm at an impasse. I can't stop him without making him angry, but if he leaves he's never going to talk to me again. 

"Alexander, please..." I say, hanging my head slightly. He turns around. '

And kisses me. 

"Is that what you want? Are we finally even? Christ, when are you going to leave me alone?" He stomps off, and as he does something falls out of the pocket he tried to zip. It's a little pouch, and when I open it- though I know I shouldn't- there's a picture of me. Where did this come from, and why does Hamilton of all people have it? I decide to text my older sister, who has already met her soulmate. 

Mac&Cheese.Com: Hey, what's up? We haven't talked in a while. 

JaneInTheHouse: Hey baby bro, what do you want? I see you still have the weird username XD

Mac&Cheese.Com: Okay, so you figured out that I want something. When you met your soulmate, how did it happen?

JaneInTheHouse: That's an odd question. At first my eyes changed color, and I guess that wasn't convincing enough for the heavens so I wound up with a photo of them. Why do you ask?

Mac&Cheese.Com: I guess I really can't lie to ya. There's this guy, he had brown eyes but now they're blue. He was walking off and a photo of me fell out of his pocket. I wanted to know if you knew what it meant. He hates me though :(

JaneInTheHouse: Is it that Hamilton guy? 

Mac&Cheese.Com: Yep. How'd you know?

JaneInTheHouse: I follow him on Twiddle. He posts about you sometimes, usually it's not good stuff. I'm honestly kind of disappointed, I never thought you were like that. I assume you've apologized?

Mac&Cheese.Com: Of course! Any advice or anything?

JaneInTheHouse: I feel like being a bitch, so no. 

She doesn't answer any of my texts after that so I put my phone away. I stare at the ceiling and start thinking. Could Hamilton really be my soulmate? The thought gives me hope and good dreams as I drift to sleep. 

it's really short i know but i'm dealing with some really bad depression right now and i promise the next chapter will be longer, but i just can't right now. i love you guys so much, please keep reading because it really does mean a lot to me. bye bye! 

Attention (Jamilton)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें