Chapter 2 To the Royal Capital of the Clover Kingdom!

Asta was inside the demon cave, training

"Nine hundred and ninety-five... nine hundred and ninety-six... nine hundred and ninety-seven... nine hundred and ninety eight... nine hundred and ninety nine... one thousand!" Asta counted.

Asta was sweaty and tired, but she's not easy to give up

"Now to down some moguro leaf juice!" said Asta, chucking down the leaf juice down her throat.

"Gross!" Asta commented.

"One more gulp!" Asta insist.

"Gross!" Asta commented again.

Soon, Asta heard a chirping sound. She turned around and saw a bird sitting on the flat surface rock. The bird looks like a devil because of its ears. It has a fat tiny body with angry eyes.

"You want some, too?" Asked Asta.

Unexpectedly, the bird ignored her, and flew away.

"What the heck?" Said Asta.

Soon afterward, Asta took a short break. She lays down, picked her grimoire up, and rubbed her palms in the center of the book.

"I got my grimoire. I'm gonna keep climbing up, even if I don't have any magical powers!" Said Asta.

"All right! I'm not done yet! Not even close!" Screamed Asta.

"One thousand and one!" Asta counted.

"I'm sure Yuno's been training, too! I can't lose!" Said Asta.

"One thousand and two!" Asta counted again.

Asta was training for the Magic Knights Entrance Exam, which was to be held in the royal capital of the Clover Kingdom in six months. So was Yuno.

Yuno was using his wind magic to chop off woods and logs.

"I should wrap up for today." Yuno said.

Yuno paused.

"No, just a little bit more. I'm sure she's also..." Yuno said.

"One thousand and one! One thousand and two!" Yuno counted.

Yuno uses his wind magic, trying to break the huge rock into pieces

Each one's goal was to one day become the Wizard King.

Back to Asta

"One thousand, five hundred and... three!" Asta shouted.

During the evening at the grimoire tower, the priest Orgi and Sister lily is talking to the Wizard about Asta.

"Well, I can understand Yuno... but are really considering allowing Asta to take the exam, too?" The Priest Orgi asked.

"Well, he's saying he wants to do it." Said the Wizard.

"Uhh... actually Asta is a girl, but again, I believe Yuno will be fine, but I don't think Asta's up for it." The Priest Orgi said.

"Really? I thought she's a boy. After all, the way how she dressed and how she acts. Teenagers these days. But well, she's saying she wants to do it." Said the Wizard.

"Again, I believe Yuno will be fine, but It'll be pointless for Asta to take them."

"Well, she's saying she wants to do it." Said the Wizard.

"Actually, the idea of Asta going to the royal capital just makes you feel lonely, doesn't it?" Asked the Wizard.

"Aw, Father!" Sister Lily awed.