"It Just Had To Be Her"-Chapter 1

August 30, 2017/ Tuesday

Rachel grumbles to herself and shakes her head as she sits down in her locker. She glances down at her phone and re-reads the Dash's tweet multiple times to make sure she saw correctly.

BREAKING NEWS: The Houston Dash have acquired midfielder Kristie Mewis and future considerations from Chicago for midfielder Morgan Brian #DashOn

"Can you bloody believe this?!" Rachel proclaims with a tone of annoyance in her voice. She looked up from her phone with her mouth wide open. "I was hoping this was all a joke."

Kealia, Carli, Jane, Janine, Rachel, and Cari were the last six players left in the locker room still changing out of their training gear. They had just finished practice and interim head coach, Omar Morales, had just broken the news to the team about the trade.

Morgan came to practice one last time to say her final goodbyes before gathering the last of her things and leaving shortly after that.

"Wait why would you think they were joking?" Janine asks from the other side of the room.

"Honestly, I'm surprised but not surprised at the same time. We all knew Moe wasn't enjoying her time here with this team and I could clearly see it from her. She just didn't have the same energy she always had compared to when she first joined the team," Kealia admits. "I can understand why she wanted to be traded."

"It's not that I didn't believe them. I was just hoping this was some sort of mistake. I mean come on, out of all the players in this league it just had to be her?!" Rachel exclaims as she shuts off her phone and places it next to her.

"What do you have against Mewis anyways?" Jane speaks up from her locker. "Was she one of your many girls that you had a fling with and ended up toying with their hearts?"

Anyone who was involved with women's soccer knew how Rachel was the heartbreaker of the league. Every month or so, she'd have a different girlfriend on a different team. If the girl was lucky, the relationship (if you would even call it that) would last a good three months or so.

It usually would go on for two months before Rachel would break up with them—not even feeling any sort of pity for them. She basically only enjoyed the idea of fucking another girl. The blonde knew she had a way to get into the hearts of the women she got with and her words could get anyone to swoon for her.

"Jane," Rachel answers, glaring at the tattooed goalkeeper. "You know I wouldn't stoop that low to get with the dirtiest player in the league. You all know how she is. Reckless tackles every damn game that earned her the record of most yellow cards given in a season. She hurts other players for no reason and she thinks she's all that and a bag of chips."

Carli huffs out a breath as she ties her shoes, "Don't you think you're overreacting a bit? Just give her a chance and maybe once you get to know Kristie, you'll actually like her."

"Remember last year that game against the Breakers? 6 weeks I was sidelined with an MCL sprain because of her. An intentional tackle that she never once apologized for," the English forward protested.

"All she did was smirk as she innocently walked away from me. I don't think in that moment, I've ever hated someone as strongly as I hated her. Not to mention the injuries she has caused with Christen's concussion, Tori's ankle, Allie's bloody nose.......probably more than I can count on one hand."

"Hate is a strong word Rach," Kealia comments, frowning at her fellow teammate as she grabs her bags. "It's hard to judge the likes of someone you never spoke more than two words to off the pitch."

"We play in a professional league where injuries are expected to happen. It's all part of the sport we play and I think it's a little harsh to hate someone for an incident that occurred over a year ago. Surely by now you've moved on and forgot about it," Janine adds in.