Funny Feelings

Damian Wayne had always seen Jonathan Kent as just a friend. A good one, but just a friend. Their relationship was meant to be nothing more than partners, but it evolved into something more.

In the months after they had defeated Kid Amazo and saved the Justice League, Damian found himself having more feelings for the caped boy he worked with.

Maybe it was the way his nose wrinkled up when he saw something he disliked.

Maybe it was the way he spoke to his mother.

Maybe the way he thought hell and damn were curse words.

The younger male was finding his way into the cold assassins heart like a foreign love story. A forbidden one at that.

There was no way father would ever approve. Damian Wayne with a boyfriend!? He needed to focus on his work.

But little things turned his mind to Jon. The sweet tea on his desk made him think of his personality. The blue of the picture frame hanging in his bedroom reminded him of the boy's bright eyes. Even the sunlight peering through his curtains in the mornings reminded him of his warmth.

"What do you consider love father?" Damian decided to ask one slow patrol in Gotham.

"Love?" The Batman raised an eyebrow at the boy's unusual question.

"I wish to help Grayson with his love troubles. Maybe then he'd be less annoying because he'd have someone else to bother." Robin explained.

"Hmm. Love is when you can't live without another person in your life." The caped crusader answered with a grunt.

Could he live without Jonathan Kent? His training told him yes. He didn't need anyone except himself.

But the answer was hell no.