|| Chapter 11 ||

Mr. Baldi was pulled aside by the Broom.

"Heeey, Best pal, best friend, best anything you want!" Sweep chirped.

"What do you want?" Mr. Baldi grumbled under his breath, crossing his arms as he looked at the broom.

"You know.... I just want some help from a good person!" Sweep chuckled. "Now, before we touch on that, let's talk, get to know each other...."

"Sweep, I don't like your games. Tell me what you want or I'm leaving." Mr. Baldi growled.

Sweep paused. "Now, now, Mr. Baldi. I wouldn't throw a tantrum just yet. You will want to hear about this."

Mr. Baldi pursed his lips. "What is it about?"

"You, Of course. And the Boss." Sweep purrs. "I know you like him."

"No."

"Keep telling yourself that. Anyways, you do realize that I like him, right?"

"Yes." Mr. Baldi Mumbled. "I do realize that. Why?"

"I'm just noticing that the Boss likes you." Sweep stressed 'you' with an angered tone.

Mr. Baldi froze. The Principal likes him? More than a friend? He didn't know what to say, or how to react. Sweep snickered. "And you do know that I'm not letting you get in my way of making that man mine."

"So what? I don't like him back." Mr. Baldi said cooly.

"Good... good... because I don't think you want this getting out." Sweep shoved a few photos towards Mr. Baldi. He took them and looked. It was him, murdering Funtime. The Principal would never think of him the same way again. But why did he care so much?

"... Why... how do you..."

"Got access to these pictures? Before the security tape was somehow deleted, I managed to save a few of these pictures for... future cases, you know?" Sweep sighed. "I'm not going to blackmail you with these, certainly not! Because you're my best friend, and best friends do whatever they can for the other."

Mr. Baldi grits his teeth. "You're insane."

"Am I? Or just in love."

Love can do strange things to people. But am I really in love with The Principal?

"Listen, Mr. Balds." Sweep sang. "Just stay back and fuck off of my boss. Got it?"

Mr. Baldi stood still and silent, looking at the pictures. Then, he sighed. "I was never Interested in him in the first place."

•••

Mr. Baldi and the Principal were sitting at the small cafe table provided for them. Mr. Baldi, an act of kindness, offered to pay for the Principal. The two argued, then decided that one would tip while the other would pay the whole tab. The Principal was sipping his black coffee while nibbling on a few cookies, while Mr. Baldi gulped down some chocolate milk.

"I do have to say, I am glad that you asked me to come here with you. This food is absolutely stunning." The Principal complimented.

"I always come here. Normally it's a quiet place to hang out, and the cafe allows you to stay for a long time." Mr. Baldi replied.

The Principal looked up. "It's a beautiful place."

"We can come here more often, it's cheap."

The Principal snickered. "True." He murmurs, running his hand along his hair. Mr. Baldi sat in comfortable silence.

The two finished and walked out. It was drizzling, night laid in a peaceful silence. Mr. Baldi looked up, standing underneath a street light. The Principal joined him, a blush dusting across his cheeks.

"Why are you blushing?" Asked Mr. Baldi.

"It's perfect." The Principal turned to him. "Everything is set in such a perfect moment."

Then, he grabbed Mr. Baldi's hand and pulled him close. Wait, what's he doing-? Thought Mr. Baldi, his heart pounding. He's not going to-

Then, the shorter male placed two hands on Mr. Baldi's hips, leaned up, and kissed him on the lips.