Chapter 8. The Candy Woman

Kyle took the coin out of Taylor's hand. "Let's go," he said as he walked away. The group followed him to the safe spot. "We have three out of the eighteen coins we need," Kyle said to the group. "Where are we going to put them? We can't just keep carrying them." Kayla said. "Your right," Kyle said.

"Look!" Alison shouted, "there are little coin holders in each table." Kyle took a coin and put it in the holder. It was the perfect size, "good eye Alison!" Kyle said. He started to put each coin in the table they already accomplished. As he put the last coin down the next table opened, it smelled like candy. "I'm hungry now...." Jamie yelled.

The smell of chocolate and peppermint surrounded the group. Everyone's mouth was watering. Kyle picked up the note. "It says 'Bring this to the Rocky road Candy shop for a tour of The candy woman's store!' where is that?" Kyle said. "I know!" Watson yelled out. "I was there at the beginning, eating candy of course," he said. "It kinda sounds like your helping with the evil " Jamie said. Watson turned around and faced Jamie. "If I was working with the evil. YOU wouldn't be here" Watson pointed his finger at Jamie as he says 'YOU' Jamie backed up. "Just saying, it kinda sounded suspicious." Jamie said, "he's kinda right Watson," Lenux said. Watson ignored her and started to lead the group. Watson was morbidly obese.

"So where is this place?" Kyle questioned. "Right here." Watson stopped and looked at old, crusty building. "This place is older than my grandmother," Jamie exclaimed. "You're so annoying," Watson said. Jamie looked down. He hated when people called him annoying. "Watson is so right" Lexi whispered to Baylee. They both started laughing. Kyle whispered to Jamie, "hey! Don't listen to them. There the drama queens of this park...... Including Alice." Jamie laughs.

Watson knocked on the door of the shop and outcomes, a skinny woman with a big poofy dress. "Watson! I see you brought your friends! Please come in. Come in!" She says as she holds the door open. Watson first walked in so excited. Then the group started to follow. As Kyle walked in the woman shut the door. "Guys. This is the candy woman." Watson said, introducing her, "hello, hello! Welcome! My name is Doris but call me Ms. Candy. I have a prepared statement!" She says. "Oh no!" Alice said. "Before your statement." Kyle interrupted. "MY STATEMENT FIRST!" she yelled at Kyle. He stepped back.

"When I was a girl. I was so creative! I made candy for everyone, anyone! But there was a catch. My enemies would not get any." She explained. "That's not. What I expected she would say" Alice whispered. "They would get worse. I'd hunt them down and use them for my candy. But, I killed all of them. Now I don't have the ingredients." Everyone was in complete horror. "And what do you need us for?" Alice said. "Don't encourage her!" Jamie said. "Ingredients of course! What else?"

Kyle didn't want to give her the note but he handed it to her. "What's this?" She read it. "Oh! Well, let's get ready for the tour!" She locked the shop's door. "Follow me!" She said as she opened a door to the back of the store.