☪︎ Chapter Four

☪︎ Chapter Four: Vivian('s POV).

Published: January 17th, 2019

Status: Unedited

***

   My mind was foggy and confused when I heard soft knocks at my door, darkness engulfing my room at three sixteen in the morning. I sat up in my bed, sending questioning looks to all the items in my room before blowing it off and throwing my body back onto my pillows. I was ready to fall back into a deep sleep when another round of soft knocks ruined my hopes.

   After a few grumbles and curses I lazily swing my legs to the edge of the bed, then slide my way to the floor. I was so tired I could've fallen asleep as I slowly padded across the room to open my bedroom door.

   "Alpha Akila? What's wrong?" I was squinting through the darkness, trying to wake up. I could hardly make out his face so I switched on a little lamp by my door and crossed my arms across my chest, waiting for his response.

   "I need you to run a quick perimeter check, with Jack. One of the men that just got off duty reported that there may be rogue activity. I trust you can take care of it?" It wasn't even a question, I wanted to groan, but instead nodded in response.

   "I'll change then wake up Jack, don't worry." I say quietly, ready to shut my door when Nikolai rounds the corner, his eyes set hard on Akila, only to soften when they settle on my unmoving frame. Within seconds he was a few steps from the Alpha before me.

   "Alpha Mariano, what are you-?" Akila had only started speaking when Nikolai's voice cut him off.

   "No need to wake the pup or my mate, I can take care of it." His voice held authority, but I couldn't pay too much attention to that. I was practically swooning at the fact he was shirtless. His chest and abs were on full display, and my mind briefly wandered to tracing his toned figure with my tongue.

   "No need, Vivian isn't porcelain. She can handle herself." My shameless ogling is short lived as I watch Akila dismissively brush Nikolai off, and to top it off, with a wave of his hand.

   "I'm not letting my mate run a perimeter check with a single common wolf, especially when you think there's rogues around your border's, Akila." Nikolai's voice was low with an underlying growl to it, almost daring Akila to protest. I could feel the anger slowly starting to roll off of him, it's presence leaving a hot taste in my mouth.

   "At least let her assist you, I'm sure-,"

   "I want my mate to rest, she doesn't need to worry about these things when I'm here." Nikolai, without another word to Akila, turns towards me.

   "Go back to bed, love. I'm sure you must be tired," His voice instantly took on a softer tone when he spoke to me, a reassuring smile on his lips. I could visibly see his body relaxing as he brushes a strand of hair behind my ear.

   I wasn't sure what to do, Akila was still my Alpha until I transferred to Nikolai's pack. My eyes darted to him, and he gave me a soft nod of approval.

   "Um, thank you. I'll see you in the morning." Akila didn't bother to wait around to hear us talk and left back to his room.

   "It may be a bit sooner, keep your door unlocked and get some rest." He smirks at my confused expression then kisses my cheek, heading off into the night.

***

   "Help me Vivian, please," I turn on my heel, looking into the abysmal fog before me. I could hardly make anything out besides a petite body, and as it walked closer I recognized the face instantly.