Magnet

Tony huffed in annoyance as a fly flew directly into his face, swatting it away.

"Hey capsicle, wanna go buy some bug spray? Seriously, this is getting out of hand." He exclaimed, and Steve looked away from the TV, pausing the very intense round of Mario Kart he was playing with Clint.

"But it's not even my turn to go run errands! And I'm busy. Bucky can do it." He exclaimed, and Bucky looked up from the book he was reading when he heard his name.

"Hey, why me? Isn't it Clint's turn to do something?" He protested, closing his book and crossing his arms. Steve shrugged.

"You've read that book twice, Buck. And you haven't gone outside in like two days. Now go, before we get eaten by an army of flies." He joked, focusing intently on the game which he was losing horribly. Bucky sighed, standing up and grabbing his jacket before taking the elevator downstairs. He was just gonna walk since he hadn't been outside much lately.

It took him 10 minutes to get to the nearest Home Depot, and he was immediately distracted by everything. He walked down the aisle with all the different fridges, amazed by the one that had a screen on it and was basically like a smartphone but bigger. Sure, he had seen Tony's amazing technology, but this fridge was still interesting to him.

He forgot what he came here for, just interested in almost everything. He spent nearly 10 minutes seeing what cool things the fancy fridges could do before heading to the next aisle. It wasn't anything technologically advanced, but there was a display of some magnetic things that had such small writing that he couldn't read it. He walked closer, tilting his head at the writing which was ridiculously small.

And then there was a loud clang, startling him as he was pulled towards the side of the aisle. At first he thought someone somehow recognized him as the winter soldier and was going to attack him, but then he realized that he couldn't move his metal arm away from the display of magnets.

Oh.

"Shit." He mumbled, trying to get unstuck and failing miserably. His feet slid on the smooth floor as he tried to pull away from the magnet, only succeeding in making him slip and fall, still stuck to the magnet which made him stay partially upright, thankfully. He stood back up, looking around. He was about to grab his phone from his pocket when he remembered that he left it at the tower. Great. And it's not like he could ask a stranger for help. How did he explain that he had a metal arm and was stuck?

[4 Hours Later]

"Steve, calm down." Tony said, but of course the captain didn't listen.

"What if someone recognized him as the winter soldier and hurt him or something? What if he got hit by a car?" Steve rambled, thinking of worse and worse scenarios in his head. He always got worried when Bucky was out for longer than he said he would be. And Steve couldn't even call him, because of course Bucky never remembered to bring his phone with him when he went out.

"I'm gonna go find him." Steve finally muttered, grabbing his jacket and disguise hat on the way out and deciding to go to Home Depot first to see if Bucky was just lost or distracted with something there. He tried to hide his panic and succeeded only slightly.

When he reached the store he quickly walked through each aisle, his eyes scanning around every inch frantically. When he finally came to the aisle with all the magnets, he stopped. Bucky was standing there, very annoyed and very clearly stuck to a magnet. Steve laughed slightly and Bucky frowned as Steve took out his phone, snapping a few pictures of his best friend stuck to a magnet. He was never gonna live this down.

"Oh hi Steve, thanks for coming to find me sooner. I've only been stuck to this magnet for hours." He said, and Steve laughed again and attempted to unstuck the magnet from his best friend's arm. It took a few minutes and a lot of effort but finally Bucky got free, stumbling backwards and falling onto his butt and earning another laugh from Steve. He quickly stood up, walking nervously out of the aisle and staying as far away from the displays as possible. Being stuck in one place for hours wasn't fun, that's for sure.

"What did I come here for again?" He asked, and Steve shrugged.

When they got back to the tower, Tony had just ordered some bug spray off of Amazon and already gotten it delivered.