Chapter one: new boy

Dear Diary, 

Today there is a new boy coming to school in the grade above me.... A senior (Eeeek I take mostly senior classes!!!) I also heard he's super cute but he wouldn't be interested in a girl like me. I'm a good girl and well no one likes that :(

Anyways I'll update you tonight!

- Love Sydney xoxo

_____________________________________________

I put my diary back in my top secret hidden position (under the loose floor plank near my door) and head off to my dresser to decide on todays outfit. 

After approximately 5 minutes I decided on a white supreme jumper and a denim jacket over top, I love layering my clothes in winter, it has to be my absolute favourite thing to do, it gives me a new sense of purpose! and for my pants I decided on some black jeans and white converse to finish off the look. 

The white jumper paired with my faded grey denim complements my hair and bright blue eyes and really makes me feel confident and good about myself I don't know why, it just does, maybe this new boy coming will give me a similar feeling!

Once getting dressed I headed to the bathroom to put on some makeup, I don't usually wear makeup to school but this new boy is my second chance at a better reputation, a better high school career!

"Sydney if you don't hurry up I'm leaving without you!" I hear my favourite voice yell from down stairs,  Abbey, my best friend. I grab my bag and rush down stairs eager to see what outfit she's pulling off today, she loves going to thrift stores and buying the first thing that catches her eye and incorporates it into her everyday look. Today she's wearing a rainbow long sleeved top and black overalls with a sunflower pin attached. The yellow really popped and complemented her darker skin tone perfectly!

"Give us a spin" I cheer as she does a runway model walk down the hall way as if she's on some wacky fashion show!

"Now girls you better head off before you're late," my mum encourages as she hands me a brown lunch bag probably containing an Apple, Nutella sandwich and a packet of chips. I look in the bag to see if I was right. 

"Guessed it!" I yelled congratulating myself, "You didn't say it out loud it doesn't count!" Abbey pokes her tongue out showing off her new tongue piercing. I just poke mine back at her before saying bye to mum and heading out the door. 

The school is a 10 minute walk from my house and a 15 minute walk from Abbeys so she meets me every morning and we walk together and talk about the day ahead of us. 

"Sooooo makeup?" Abbey unusually questions in a weird tone.

"Yeah, makeup," I simply nodded trying to avoid some lecture she probably has brewing.

"Is this makeup related to Colby?"

"Colby?" I questioned with probably the weirdest tell me more look on my face.

"Yes, Colby, the new boy, Mr. Perfect, Mr I got expelled from my last school I'm a bad boy!" she ranted on skipping ahead. 

"How do you know all this?!" I was puzzled to how she got so much information when we only found out yesterday we had a new boy coming!

"Sweetie you don't just let some random new boy come to the school without a quick google and Facebook search!" She paused for a short second, "Vandalism, graffitied the principal's office, music room and some kids lockers, he absolutely trashed the school cost them thousands of dollars to repair," she said in slight but not complete disgust. 

I thought for a second before returning to the conversation, "sounds like just what this school needs, trouble...." I smirked.