chapter 4: study "date"

"Hey mum! we'll be upstairs" I yelled as I walked in the front door Colby following shortly behind.

"Wait, who's we?" Mum walked around the corner raising an eyebrow, I never told her about Colby coming over so I knew it would raise suspicion. 

"Mum, this is Colby, we were given one week to create a whole song, so we really need to start working on it," I said in slight panic nudging Colby up the stairs. 

"Hey Mrs," Colby paused not knowing our last name.

"Walker, Mrs Walker," I headed up the stairs whilst mum continued her sentence knowing that Colby should shortly follow.

Once I had reached my room I left the door wide open to make it as clear as possible to Colby which room was mine. I heard light chatter down stairs I never took Mr. Bad boy to be a parents person, hmm the more you know. I don't know why but I feel myself falling for this boy. I haven't even known him for a day but our playful banter, flirting and bickering is something I've never done with anyone else I've never had this connection with anyone else. I got my music note pad out of my bag along with my pencil case and started jotting down ideas for this song, the list so far included: Love story, heart break, betrayal and wild night.

"So this is princesses get away," He shut the door behind himself looking around my room my fairy lights covering the celling and my baby pink feature wall behind my bed. 

"Never took you for a parent type of person," my eyes followed him as he headed to my photo wall. He then quickly looked around once more and found my Polaroid camera, ignoring my statement as he fumbled trying to figure out how to use the camera. He then sat besides me and posed and took a photo.

"When I come over tomorrow I want this to be the centre photo," he smirked at me putting the photo and Polaroid camera on my desk.

"Tomorrow?" I mumbled rising an eyebrow as I jotted down more song ideas: forbidden love, the bad boy. 

"Sweet pea, I'm coming over everyday until this is done," He sat himself besides me taking the notepad and pen out of my hands looking down at the list. 

"Don't you have schools to graffiti, cigarettes to smoke and girls you need to fool around with?" I sassily replied turning my body to face his side on. 

"We'll" He paused looking up at my lips, "I'm working on it" He followed up with a wink.

"Smooth," I mumbled trying not to blush and taking back my pen and notepad. I noticed he had circled forbidden love and had even jotted down some lyrics I'm assuming he wants implemented into the song. 

___________________________________

Verse 1. (to a similar beat of valentine by 5SOS)

Colby: "I love [pause] the light in your eyes and the ____ in your heart "

Sydney: "And you know you're bad really bad but I'm perfect for you"

__________________________________

"These two lines can be separated wherever or put wherever but they're going in the song," He bluntly stated. I blushed as I continued to read over the lyrics are these true feelings? surely not, he's the 'Bad boy' and I'm just the nerd good girl. He then jotted down what I'm assuming is his number and left, just like that.

Eager to let my diary know about my day I rushed to the floorboard to retrieve it.

______________________________

Dear Diary, 

OH MY GOD, today I met the bad boy, he's  gorgeous his name is Colby Brock and he's a total hottie. We first met at my locker where he was smoking a cigarette, we were then paired together in music and he spent the afternoon at my house. 

OH AND DID I MENTION I WENT HOME ON HIS MOTORBIKE!!! it was terrifying but thrilling. He's perfect and I feel myself falling for him but I have to stop before it's too late....

Tell you more tomorrow, 

Love Sydney xxx