Chapter 3: Music partners

"Layla and Tommy, Kayla and Stacey, James and Jackson, Taylor and Michael, Colby and Sydney," Mr. Randy continued listing music partners for our new assignment but I zoned out once I heard my name..... After this mornings interaction with Colby I wasn't sure on how this is all gonna turn out, but in all honesty I'm slightly excited. "Please make your way to your partner and begin as soon as possible, you have a week." Mr Randy explained, for the assignment we have to create a piece of music to perform and the best gets performed infant of the school.

I headed over to the corner where Colby was hiding near the drums. "Wow Mr. Bad Boy came to class now this, this is a shock" I dramatically gasped jokingly putting my hand to my chest.

"I only came coz I saw you walk in sweet thing," He winked and I tried my best not to blush, It didn't work.

"Okay so heres the rules Bad Boy,  one skip whatever class you want, just not this one and two you'll meet with me after school and we'll go to my house to work on it and only to work on it! It's only two rules can you handle that pretty boy?" I stated pure facts.

"Okay, only if you let me play the guitar," he blankly stated. Wow it was that easy. I thought we would bicker back and forth for a while but he listened to me, wow. 

"Can you play?" I asked scared that he wouldn't be able to and I'd fail my first ever assignment. 

"Of course I can play, I'm the bad boy not an idiot," he growled. 

"Hmmm same thing," I winked, "Also I'll sing, meet me at the gates after school and we'll talk about the genre of the song tonight," he nodded and we just talked, flirted and bickered the rest of the lesson. 

The bell rang and I headed off to me and Abbeys usual spot excited to tell her about my day so far.

"Girl you will not believe what has happened to me today," I sat at the table, "First Mr. Bad Boy was leant against my locker smoking I only got him to leave my threatening his cigarettes," I giggled before continuing, "Then I got to music and guess who's in my class, yeah thats right pretty boy again AND," I over exaggerated on the 'and', "we are partners for an assignment, so he's coming to mine after school to work on it." I breathed out. Abbey just looked at me stunned figuring out what to say. 

"So we're not hanging out after school?" she stared at me blankly, "New boy's here and I'm forgotten" she rolled her eyes. 

"Whats up your butt?" I joked.

"while you had fun with Mr. Bad Boy I got dealt the bad end of the stick, my locker was apart of a five locker master piece I'm assuming you're new friend put together," she rolled her eyes once again.

"Okay one he's not my friend, he's my music partner, two I'm sorry we only have a week to put together a whole song, I'm sorry, we can hang out al day everyday like usual after this week is over, don't worry I won't be leaving you" I giggled towards the end.

Recess ended and the rest of the day was boring, I had maths, psychology, fashion design, biology, english and P.E. The last bell rang and I waited out front for Colby and Abbey. 

Colby showed up about 5 minutes later, honestly I wasn't really expecting him to show at all, but to my surprise he actually listened. Shortly after I got a message from Abbey.

__________________________________________

Bestie💋: Not walking with you today, taking bus.

Me: Oh okay, we still walking to school tomorrow?

Bestie💋(Seen)

_________________________________________

"Um we can head off now," I looked at Colby who was already staring at me, "What you looking at bad boy?" I smirked. He just shook his head and apologised, hmmm weird. 

"Princess, we're not walking," he nodded at the motorbike parked near us.

"No no no, nope, I will not,"

"You don't get much choice now do ya," He smirked handing me a helmet.