Chapter 2: first thoughts

Abbey and I entered the school gates and we instantly noticed something was off, the usually loud chatter across the school was gone, you could probably hear a pin drop, Abbey and I cautiously parted ways heading to our lockers still unsure on why everyone was acting like this and then I saw it. 

The new boy, Colby Brock lent up against my locker smoking a cigarette, slight panic kicked in when I realised I will now have to talk to him, he's gorgeous, blue eyes, brown hair, wearing a black hoodie 'take chances' written in matte black across the front with a leather jacket on top and black skinny jeans. Not only does his pure beauty intimidate me but the fact he is also smoking a cigarette isn't calming my nerves. I continue heading in the direction of my locker preparing myself for what I'm going to say but before I could say anything he bet me too it.

"Can I help you?" he questioned returning the cigarette to his mouth.

"This is my locker, I need you to move" I hesitated for a second before following with a quiet "please," Some sort of half confidence brushed over me making me assertive but still polite at the same time. 

"Are you trying to intimidate me princess?" He breathed out a cloud of smoke following it with a smirk. 

I shyly looked down at the ground thinking about my next response but "Uhhhh maybe" is all that came out. Dammit. Darn Colby Brock. 

"Damn sweet pea don't try to hard you might hurt yourself," he laughed, his smile. Oh. my. god. it's beautiful. he's perfect genuinely perfect. 

"Colby is it??" I questioned pretending I didn't know his name, he just nodded, "Move or you owe me a pack," I hinted at the cigarette pack hanging out of his jackets pocket. 

"You don't smoke?" he questioned, puzzled, I know I don't smoke but I need to stand my ground and anyways, new boy, new experiences. I just nodded and he slowly began walking away.

"The names Sydney," I smirked as he looked back before heading off.

Colby, god you're gonna get me in trouble I just know it....