31- Lost

Josh awoke once again in the morning, this time in the arms of his mate. He was relieved to not be in a pool of sweat. Though he groaned once he remembered he had to get ready for school.

** ** ** **

Josh sat in the classroom, aware of everything going on. He could hear the cheerleaders gossiping and the tapping away at phones. He could smell all the sweat and perfume, making him feel sick to his stomach. His eyes always wandered to the shadowy forest that surrounded the school, waiting for something to pop out. With each passing second, he grew restless.

There was this feeling of something being out of place. Something lurking in the plain sight, and that thought frightened Josh. He checked the time, sending Lucy a text to let her know he'd meet them in the gym. Not wanting to be so open to the woods, Josh left class, glancing quickly at his teacher who simply waved him off. He sighed once reaching the corridor, walking past noisy classes and turning down empty halls.

Once he reached the gym, Josh pulled out an empty notepad. He began sketching the final product for the prom, decorations leading out to the oval through double doors. He shaded and fine-lined bits in the picture, getting lost in the creation. He missed the feeling he got when he drew, knowing it may be one of the only escapes he has.

He heard the click of a door shutting, yet no one was in site. The smell of garbage reached his nose, but he assumed it was the overflowing bin in the corner. The hazardous smell of cigarettes crept through the air, but he brushed it off thinking it was carried in by the random breeze. And then he smelt the beer. He no longer could brush off the uneasy feeling that was slowly growing in the pit of his stomach.

Josh took one last look at his surroundings before packing his stuff. Slinging his bag onto his back, he rushed to the door. So close to leaving yet once he reached the doors his stomach dropped. The handles had a sense of danger in them. He went to push but to no avail, they stayed put. He pulled but got the same results. He panicked, spinning around in search of finding something helpful in the room.

But all he saw was a man where he just sat, face down, tapping a clothed item against his leg.

Parker! Get to the gym as fast as you can. There's this man and HOLY SHIT HE'S COMING TOWARDS ME WITH A KNIFE! Josh screeched into their mind link. He was going to be independent today, but this strange man had to come and screw it up for him.

I'll be there! Was the only reply Parker gave. He was immensely worried about his little cutie, emotions stirring in him as he could only reach him in five minutes. Those five minutes were painful for Parker. He knew he needed to get there before the danger could rise, but he was too late.

When he burst into the gym he found Lucy pacing with her phone clutched tightly in her grasp. Eli was hanging around the back entrance with two pieces of paper in his hands. Eli looked his way before giving a sad look. And in that instance, Parker knew he was lost. Josh had been taken so far that the scent drifted into the others like trees in a forest. And he was heartbroken.

Parker stalked over to Eli, finally catching the attention of Lucy. Soon, Eli and Lucy were attentively watching Parker as he looked over the papers. "We found more sketches scattered around. Thought this one was the most important." Eli said, pointing to the detailed picture of the very gym they stood in, but with decorations galore.

Parker gazed at the picture in amazement before turning his attention to note in his hand.

Hello there, Wolves,

Sorry for not going there myself. I did wish to surprise you, but I do not want to see that Hellhound and its master again. So, I hope you settle for my companion- oh wait, you don't have a choice!

Good luck on trying to find your precious mate. My toy is back where he belongs- in the grasp of his kind and loving lover.

You dare lay a hand on any of my men or try to invade I'll slowly break all the bones in his body. That would kill you, yes?

Parker growled. The piece of filth didn't have to sign for him to figure out who it was. He could almost hear that man's evil laugh and see his annoying face. He wanted to punch something, so he did. His fist was curled and had some plaster stuck to it while the wall of the gym had a crack the size of the Grand Canyon now plastered for display.

A snarl escaped his lips as he begun to pace with stress. His anger fuelled every time he thought about the damned note. He was going to get his beloved back. All he needed was a plan and some back-up. He'll only give up when hell freezes over. He stopped pacing and grinned. Eli and Lucy looked at Parker apprehensively.

"We need a plan, more wolves, and a certain god." He said, still smiling.

Lucy froze. "You mean Cypher..." She said quietly. Parker nodded, rubbing his hands together in anticipation of the fight to come.