37- Breached

After lunch was served, the Blood Moon pack began their final preparations for the rest of the day ahead. All those who were not taking part in the rescue were to be in the pack house as for their safety, seeing as quite a lot of the warriors were taking part. Miriam and Margo, Parkers mum, were the leaders for the group that was staying, seeing as the Alphas would be able to handle themselves while taking care of others.

The rescuers were waved off by some of their friends and families before disappearing into the woods. Lucifer took Cerberus down the secret shoot as to help with the surprise attack. The rest were split into different groups. They slowly and quietly surrounded the cabin and got into formation. They split into three groups. Alfred manning the main entry, Adam on one side also slightly manning the back entrance, and Troy on the other side ready to burst through some windows.

On the signal, the three groups and Cypher made their entry. Glass shards flew everywhere, guns were pulled from their holsters and wolves growled. In a matter of seconds chaos erupted. Teeth were clenching onto bodies and bullets whisked through the air. If it was not considered a dangerous war zone, it may have been a beautiful thing to witness. It may have even been calming. But it wasn't. Especially to the uncomfortably chained captive that lay right underneath them.

As Josh listened to the battle above, a knife hesitantly poked his side. He growled at the person, not appreciating the weapon. Yelling grew closer to the cell making the man freeze and Josh let out a low howl. "Shut it mutt!" The man in the room screeched, his foot making contact with Josh's snout.

In his head, Josh sighed, rolling over onto his back to cradle his now hurting face. His wolf would not stop growling and it was giving him a headache. Josh didn't even get the chance to say anything before his wolf spoke. Let. Me. It hissed, its fur darkening both in mind and matter. With no reason to resist him anymore, Josh nodded lightly, sighing and closing his eyes.

The man in the room froze as it became filled with what seemed to be the void. The only light that lowly illuminated the room was consumed, the walls seemingly disappearing as well. The chains that restrained the wolf were slowly sliding to floor, nothing to hold onto anymore. The man stifled a scream as a deadly snarl sounded throughout the otherwise silent room. Just as the creature was about to pounce, the door was knocked down.

The darkness dispersed, letting light back into the small room. There stood a slightly bloodied Parker with frantic eyes as he observed the room. What he saw was a grown man cowering in the corner, silently weeping in fear for his life. And the ever-moving wisps of darkness that formed a wolf. He held his breath, scared by this creature, but looked into its clear emerald eyes. Gradually, Parker edged his way in front of the wolf, completely disregarding everything else.

Until he saw movement from behind Josh, his eyes quickly diverting to the man that was one cowering to see he held a short dagger in his hand. Parker made move to protect Josh but was surprised to see the ghostly wolf already turned around with his jaw set apart. He was so taken back that he could not focus on the intruding body which grasped him in a headlock, a cool and wet knife held against his neck.

Parker growled, struggling but stopping once the green liquid began to burn his skin. He stilled. Josh took a glance over and saw his beloved mate in the arms of Hunter with a knife pressed against his skin. In mere moments, the first man in the room was a lifeless pile on the cold concrete floor. He flung himself over, snarling and growling, warning that death was sure to come.

"Uh-uh-uh. Not today pet. Now, sit and be a goodboy...Unless...you do want this knife to plunge into his neck. Right, here." Hunter said, lightly tapping the weapon against Parkers neck. This caused the liquid to spread some more, making Parker whine a little. Josh let out his own small whimper. He reluctantly sat down, eyes never leaving the knife.

Even with all the commotion happening, Eli was still able to find his Alpha in the cell below. He silently crept up behind Hunter, his haunches ready to push him forward at moments notice. As he was about to pounce he noticed the green liquid and froze. He remembered it from the pack house and how it burned the pack members skin. Half his vision was covered with red by his wolf who hated seeing his Alpha in such a compromising position.

However, before he could do anything, a rouge jumped onto his back, clawing and tearing at his flesh. He yelped, rolling over to try and detach the filthy wolf from himself. In the fore front, Hunter stood amused, Parker and Josh shocked.

Josh sprung into action, seeming to just faze through the bodies in his way before he clamped his teeth onto the rouges neck. It struggled and somehow managed to free itself from his grasps. As Eli regained his focus, Josh attacked the rouge again, growls slipping past his nozzle. Realizing the situation once again, Eli made a change of direction. His attention focused on getting Parker free from the grasps of the enemy.

"Another one? Well, what a lucky day indeed. So many wolves to pin to my walls." Hunter spoke cockily. This grinded every nerve in all four wolves' bodies. Even the rouge who was on his side turned and growled at him. Hunters smirk fell as the rouge decided he would be better to feast on. "Well then. Got to go!" He released Parker with a small slit in his skin and bolted past the wolves, dodging the razor-sharp teeth.

They decided to let him leave, considering he had nowhere to run, but the rouge refused to give up his prey. So, he took part in his new hunt. With that threat gone, Parker dropped to his knees, hands moving to cover the small but burning slice on his shoulder. Eli shifted back and rushed over, not daring to touch the area, only sniffing to hopefully find something. The only thing he came up with was that it was the same as what was used at the pack house.

Josh's still ghostly wolf trotted over, whining and whimpering, nudging Parker with his nose. "I curse the day hunters decided to take up science," both Parker and Josh seemed lost, "It's a modified wolfsbane. Instead of disabling and/or killing, it slowly burns and the bigger the dose means bigger damage. Directly into the blood stream, once even the smallest amount reaches the heart, death comes."

Parker winced at the pain in his shoulder. Josh let out a long howl of pain and a cry for war. Next thing anybody knew, Cypher was standing in front of them with Cerberus, ready to escort Parker back to the pack house for immediate care. He didn't want to go, but the group could handle themselves without him. Especially since Josh refused to do anything but fight their enemies in place for himself and Parker.

Cypher worried about his state but left. Though it might be dangerous to release a beast in war, he thought it might be what they needed to win the battle quickly.

Besides, even though there were plenty of capable wolves at the pack house, they would need some back up.

And as soon as Parker and Cypher made it back, they heard a scream of a mourning mother. But also, the battle cry of some ferocious alpha females and two strange men.