Chapter 2 || The Throne Room of Magical Dismay

I hightailed my butt out of there.

I didn't even look back to see if they were following me, I just ran away from them as fast as I could, trying to see if I could catch up with Jessica. I dodged the people as best as I could, apologizing quietly to whoever I bumped or pushed a bit harder than usual.

"Sang!" I heard Jessica shout from somewhere along the street in front of me.

I looked up and saw her buying some books from a small pop up stall.

"There you are, I've been looking for you," She gave the owner some money and then jogged over to me. "Check it out! I got you some cook books so you can learn about all the different type of foods there are!" She smiled brightly at me.

"Thanks, Jess," I smiled warmly at her, feeling kinda out of breath. "So, where to next?"

"Well I saw my brother and his friends by Uncle's Bar a few minutes ago, we could go and meet them if you want, so you know more people in the Kingdom." Jessica shrugged. "Otherwise, there isn't really mush else. I'd take you to more areas but I'm too young to go near those places."

I faltered as I thought about it while we stepped into a stroll, aimlessly walking along the streets. Did I want to meet her brother? I've heard a lot about the mischief him and his friends got into when they were younger. I wish my focus abilities were better so I could get a tiny glimpse of what they all look like. Well, besides Mr. Perfect and his Curly Haired friend.

I felt my heart beat a tiny bit faster just thinking about them.

"I-I guess..." I've never really talked to another boy unless you count my father, some animals I'd catch strolling through the forests and as of tonight, Uncle.

"Come on, maybe you can name the treats this time." Jessica said and grabbed the hem of my coat sleeve to keep me close. It felt like a leash, but I was grateful for it. I didn't want to lose her again.

We made our way back to Uncle's bar, but the Jessica's brother and his friends weren't there anymore.

"Hey Uncle, did you see were Kota and the guys went? I want to introduce them to Sang."

Uncle raised an eyebrow.

"You just missed 'em. They went back to the castle." Uncle flicked his gaze to me for a split second so fast I might've missed it if I weren't paying attention. Did that mean Mr. Perfect and his friend told the others about me? Did they think I was a weirdo? I wouldn't blame them if they did but...

I lift a finger to my lips and nibbled on the tip.

"You could probably catch up with them if ya speed walk it."

"Okay! Thanks Uncle." Uncle tipped his head in acknowledgement and Jessica pulled me away.

We fell into line together, walking past all the little attractions in the Kingdom.

"So... we're going to the uh... castle?" I asked nervously fiddling with my cloak sleeves.

"Well yeah, it's not too far away- see! There it is- or well the top of it anyway."

I looked up and saw the top of a ginormous castle in the middle of Charleston. It was the prettiest building I've seen so far. Even prettier than the fountain lights from earlier. It was like I suddenly stepped in a fairy-tale.

"Oh wow..." I was actually speechless.

"I know, right," Jessica grinned and started skipping towards the enchanted building. "Best part of the night. Home sweet home."