Chapter 10 || Revelations and Companions

Kota's POV:

With a constant groggy feeling that won't go away, I shake off the weird vibes before looking around. The dark atmosphere felt familiar. Too familiar and I didn't like it.

"Wha-?" A voice piped up beside me, I looked over and, to my surprise, I saw Luke here as well.

"Luke?" I furrowed my eyebrows. Why are we here? Why am I here, again?

"Kota...?" He murmured curiously.

A familiar dark aura whizzed past us and personified right in front of us. Luke let out a strangled gasp while I frowned and tried to think of where I've seen this person before. A light bulb went off when I remembered our first encounter.

"What do you want?" I demanded.

"Still has curious as ever, I see. It's getting quite annoying..." He trailed off.

"Who-?" Luke questioned.

"Ah, now this is fun. An extra has arrived turning numbers to two from one." He rhymed with his fire-crackle like voice.

"Kota- what's going on?" Luke asked.

"What. Do you. Want?" I demanded once again.

"Now, now, settle your anger, you'll find out soon enough but how about a little wager?" He grinned wickedly, the gleam in his eye contrasting with his dark personified body. "The girl you call a friend is nothing but trouble, leave her alone and I'll grant all your wishes, maybe even double."

"Why the hell are you speaking in rhymes?" Luke shook his head. "Whatever, it's obvious you're talking about Sang, but fat chance, buddy. She's not going anywhere."

I looked at Luke, impressed and proud. I couldn't have said it any better. The dark aura hissed and came closer to us, a gust of wind making us flinch.

"Fools only deny the riches I can give you, do as I say and perhaps I will pity you."

"Stop talking in rhymes! Jesus Christ!" Luke was getting just as impatient as I was. "We're not abandoning Sang, leave us and her alone!"

The dark aura starting glowing a light red, kind of pink but with a more strawberry like tint to it. It started shaking before it let out a loud growl.

"Relinquo."

I bolted up with a gasp and starting looking around the room.

"Woah, dude, are you okay?" I heard Gabriel's voice from somewhere in the room. I look over and see Luke panting just as hard as I am. We both nodded at each other before calming our breaths down.

"Mmm, peachy..." Luke replied.

"What the fuck happened?" North grunted.

"I... don't know.... Kota?" Luke looked at me. I sighed.

"Whatever it was, it's happened to me before. I think it was when I was hospitalized, you guys said I started muttering in Latin-"

"I remember that! It was freaky as fuck, dude." Gabriel interrupted.

"Yeah, well, that just happened again, but instead of it being just me, Luke somehow was there as well," I shook my head. "I don't know what was going on, but I do know whoever was talking to us wants all of us to stay away from Sang."

"Sang?" North furrows his eyebrows. "What because she's a witch? Are they warning us because she could potentially be dangerous?"

"I don't know, he was speaking in rhymes this time, he didn't do that the first time." I said.