One

The interview with Billy Russo had been fairly easy to acquire: his receptionist at Anvil was more than efficient at replying to emails and Anvil seemed to be open to all the publicity it could get — apparently even a college thesis would do.

That was a strike of luck for Savannah Thompson - Tommy to most people, who's psychology thesis was now due in four months - and since the beginning of the year two months ago - Billy Russo was the only person that had served with Frank Castle that she had been able to find.

She had been warned against writing the thesis about an ongoing case, and since Frank Castle had only been sentenced three days ago, she had been beginning to wish she had taken that advice. But now, it was a Tuesday morning and she was dressing herself for an interview with the man who had been his best friend for more than ten years.

If this guy couldn't give her all the information she needed on Frank Castle, no one could. Savannah was pretty confident about it, her roommate had been hyping her up about it for the last week. Yara was good like that.

Yara and Tommy had only met two years ago, in their freshman year of college – but they acted like they had been friends for life. Their families treated the other one like a daughter without question; Tommy was an only child and Yara's three younger brothers were also like brothers to Savannah — that meant that they were each the sister that the other had always wanted.

Yara came from a large family. Her mother was one of eight siblings, her father was one of six siblings. Yara was the second oldest of five. She had an older sister that Tommy hadn't ever met in almost four years of knowing Yara - and she had spent one thanksgiving with her family which her sister Dee hadn't showed up to. Something about work.

Savannah Thompson's grandfather didn't know how to really deal with girls, he had been one of five brothers and he had raised two sons, so when she was born instead of a grandson — it was kind of a shock to the system.

Luckily for him, Savannah had turned out to be quite the tom-boy when she was a kid, and loved when he gave her the nickname Tommy. She did eventually semi-grow out of that phase and embrace her feminine side without fear of being ridiculed by guy friends, but the name Tommy had just stuck.

Now, long after the passing of her grandfather, she still went by it. Tommy hadn't introduced herself as Savannah since she was fourteen, and she didn't mind that at all, even her parents had always called her Tommy. Some friends called her Tee. Like Yara, who only ever said Tommy when she was ranting about something — she hadn't ever uttered the word Savannah in the whole time of knowing Tommy.

"No, Tee — I'm serious, you cannot let this guy intimidate you," Yara demanded, sitting on the edge of Tommy's bed in her university hoodie and some athletic shorts, watching Tommy button her white shirt in the mirror.
"I know what you're like when someone over six foot speaks to you - but not this time, alright? He has to respect you."

Tommy laughed a little, shaking her hand and brushing down her skirt while tilting her head at her reflection. Did the length of the skirt make her legs look stumpy?
"You look good." Yara added from behind her, noticing Tommy's overthinking face that she had seen far too many times in the past two years.

"Thanks — he has tonnes of female employees according to the brochure, I'm sure he's very respectful." Tommy replied, grabbing her most neutral lipstick out of her makeup bag and applying it.
"When have you ever met a respectful marine?" Yara scoffed, shaking her head.