Four

...

It was becoming a regular occurrence to see Billy resting against the hood of his Rolls Royce now. Savannah smiled and wiggled her fingers in a playful waving motion at him as she started down the steps of the lecture building. Billy smiled casually in return and stood up straight, taking her binder from her as she reached him and bringing her into a one armed hug.

It had been a further week now since the kiss at the bar. There had been kisses in between these moments, but nothing further. Savannah was driving herself crazy overthinking the situation. She wasn't sure whether having sex with him now was right because she was an adult and who gives a fuck about body count, or if he was the type of guy that would lose interest after sex.

"Hey, kid," Billy addressed her playfully, releasing her from the hug and tucking a strand of hair behind her ear. "Got something for me?"
Savannah leaned up and put her hand on the back of his neck as she met his lips, her other hand delicately touching the lapel of his blazer.

"Come on. Let's get out of here before it starts raining again." Billy put the binder of psychology work on the backseat and opened her door before walking around to slide into the passenger seat.
"What do you want to do today?"

Tommy hummed, she hadn't been expecting to be asked that. Billy always arranged their plans.

"Well, I mean— feel like I've been bossing you around a little, figured that it's probably your turn, right?" Billy explained, resting his hand on her knee as he started the engine. Tommy pursed her lips, taking a moment of visible consideration,
"Whatever we do, I can't be out too late, and I can't get drunk. I have work to do. Other than that, I don't mind."

The car travelled to the end of the street before it reached traffic. Billy stroked her knee with his thumb, "Well, how about I come over? We can watch a movie, you can get some work done."

Tommy placed her hand on top of his and slipped her fingers through the gaps in his, bringing his hand up to kiss his knuckles and nodding. She watched him drive quietly, just observing all of his little mannerisms. He was so nonchalant in everything he did, it was clear to her that he was a man with nothing to hide.

"Are you really going to lounge around my apartment in that expensive suit, though?" Tommy asked playfully, still holding his free hand in her lap. Billy grinned and glanced over at her with an endearing charm,
"Well, if you want me to take it off...?"
Tommy laughed and shook her head at him, "Do so at your own risk; my roommate could and would mace you."

He pulled up outside of her apartment and parked in the side street beside it, carrying her binder for her as she let them into the building. "The elevator broke last week, we'll have to take the stairs." Tommy explained, shrugging her backpack closer to her, "Fifth floor."

Billy clicked his tongue and studied the lobby, shooting her a playful smirk, "Not bad for a college student. Better than the shithole I grew up in, that's for sure."
"Where did you grow up?" Tommy asked as they started the stairs.

"Not a hundred percent on where I was born," Billy explained, "But I grew up in Albany. I didn't move to Manhattan until after my first tour."

"Albany can't be that bad, can it?" Tommy teased, nudging his elbow gently with hers. Billy shook his head, glancing up at the flights of stairs above them,
"No. It wasn't Albany. I grew up in the system."