Chapter Four

"Wow," a singsong female voice says quietly whispering to him. "You look like quite the corpse."

Thomas moves his arm from over his eyes and peeks up at the blonde girl watching him from his hammock. Thomas lifts an eyebrow.

"Don't we all?" Thomas retorts, turning into his side, facing away from the girls intelligent eyes. Thomas can hear the girl chuckle lightly, and it's quiet for a moment after that. Thomas breaths a sigh of relief, hoping she had gone.

Thomas almost shrieks when the girls head pops up on the other side of the hammock.

"Actually, you look worse than most," the girls says as if Thomas hadn't just had the vampire version of a heart attack. "You a newborn? Oh god - your not squeamish, are you?"

Thomas coughs out a disbelieving laugh at the thought. A vampire, squeamish at the sight of blood. Yet it didn't sound too far from what was his actual issue.

"Actually, as funny as it sounds," Thomas reluctantly lets out. It's not like the vampire was going anywhere anytime soon. "A little bit."

The girl stares at him for a moment, like he made a bad joke, before her eyes widen and she gets serious. "Oh my god your not kidding."

Thomas winces and shakes his head side to side. The girl shakes her head with a small smile on her face.

"Alright then, scoot over," the girl says, already pushing Thomas over to make more space on his hammock.

Thomas stares at her like she just slapped him with a fish. "What? What are you doing - go back to your own hammock!"

Sonya rolls her eyes. "Come on, it's like a slumber party! We've gotta talk to serious talk and I'll give you advice!"

They stare disbelieving at each other, each for completely different reasons, until Thomas gives in to the girl's stubbornness.

The girl smiles like she just got a cookie and clumsily slings herself into the hammock next to Thomas. Thomas spits when he gets a mouthful of blonde braids, scowling hat his situation.

"The names Sonya, by the way," the girl - Sonya - seems to have a slight accent now that Thomas can calmly listen. He wonders where it's from.

"So," Thomas starts, annoyed. "Remind why your here in my hammock and not in your own?"

Sonya hums. "Right," she starts, turning into her side towards him. "I was just bored. I honestly give terrible advice."

Thomas huffs, a little amused, though he wouldn't ever admit it to Sonya.