Chapter 12

"I find these ruins to be quite beautiful, if only this weren't a facility but a resort instead, I'd enjoy my stay a little bit more." Excella's voice echoed inside the large room you were in, lit up by faint lights hidden in the corners of the ceiling.

Everything to the double sets of stairs leading towards a balcony overlooking the entire room, to the walls and the ground were completely all made of Stone, slightly crumbling and falling apart due to age. Excella walked with you down the stairs from the elevator, stopping to stare at a mural which appeared to be a strange Aztec carving, made of a darker stone than the rest of the place.
"Is that all that ever goes on in that head of yours?" You asked, staring at the same mural Excella's eyes were glued to, all while hearing Jill's footsteps up above as she looked out for any possible visitors.

"Hmph, not always," Excella put her hand on her hip, tilting her head while daydreaming, her direction stuck on the mural in front of you. "I mostly think of the new world coming, me ruling along Albert's side, mmm rather tempting, no?"

"Huh, please." You crossed your arms, shaking your head a bit in response. "Wesker is a selfish bastard, he'll never take someone like you at his side."
Her head snapped your direction, eyes wide and flooding with anger at your choice of words. You looked towards her, slightly smiling under your mask at the truth you spoke. Just wait, you have a bitter reality heading your direction.

Two pairs of frantic footsteps broke the tingling silence, stealing the attention of all three women in the room.

"Excella Gionne! Stop right there!" Sheva shouted out, both guns pointing in her and your direction. A smile broke her face, her hands joining together in a small clap as she turned around, facing the BSAA soldiers.

"Braaavoo!" She mocked, riling up Chris more than Sheva. His patience was gone, his fingers almost pushing back the trigger to send a bullet through her skull.

"I have to say (Y/N), your plan in luring them here worked perfectly."

Panic shocked your body, making you look at Excella from the corner of your eye. The words striked betrayal into Chris and Sheva, fueling the fire bursting from his body.
"Damnit, where is Jill!?" He commanded, causing the woman to shake her head and scoff. "Hmph! Jill? Maybe I'll tell you, Maybe I won't."

A shadow passed overhead, having you look up to see the black crow do a flip from the balcony into the air, landing strike center between the two partners. She reached for Sheva's gun quickly, using her elbow to hit Sheva against her jaw, her leg lifting up behind her to kick Chris's gun from his hands, bringing up her other leg to kick him in the chest before turning back towards Sheva, kicking her back in the same manner as Chris with a quick roundhouse kick.

Chris quickly aimed his gun towards the black crow, firing a single bullet in the midst of her quick frantic moves. The bullet collided with her mask, forcing the piece of metal off her face gliding towards the ground. As soon as Sheva regained herself she fired towards the woman, causing her to flip backwards multiple times, dodging the bullets in the process.

She stopped once she got towards your right side, her fingers going towards the area where the mask was missing. She stood fully, standing upright as the fabric of her long hood covered her identity to the two.

"Stop playing around, we want some answers!" Chris and Sheva drew closer, still maintaining the distance with their guns at the ready.

"You haven't changed." Wesker's voice sliced through the tension like a hot knife, creating the proper spark to ignite the flames in Chris's eyes as he looked up, seeing the man standing at the top of the stairs, slightly smirking. You couldn't help but look yourself, not recalling any sound made of him entering.