Chapter 14

The elevator door opened, the bright sunset light hitting your eyes a bit, irritating them. You were so used to your mask, it felt odd to feel the wind blow through your hair and hit your face. It was refreshing none the less; feeling bits of freedom while stepping out of the elevator, Chris and Sheva short behind you.

You stopped at the rails, eyes squinting shut from the sunset view in front of you. It was sort of quiet, an eerie type of silence that accompanied the footsteps of your companions.

"Chris...?" Sheva's voice made you turn, seeing the large man slowly halt in his steps, his attention locked on the ground as his mind littered with thoughts. He looked up at the mention of his name, seeing the two women stare back at him with worried glances. "... I'm alright." He picked up his pace, heading towards the rails alongside you and Sheva.

"Over there!" Sheva pointed towards the small docks, holding the massive cargo ship preparing to head out towards the ocean. Excella and Wesker were seen entering aboard the ship, Majini guards standing in place of the entrance.
"We have to get on, quickly." You ran ahead, your feet managing to step on every stair without slipping.

The ship road out into the vast sea, night falling in heavy dark clouds accompanied by vast harsh winds that rocked the ship's structure. The three of you managed to hide well among the large cargo, but your main priority was to locate Wesker.

"This ship is huge," Sheva commented, looking up towards the heavy skies, spotting Majini men scouting upper towers and catwalks. "Do you think they're using it to spread Uroboros?"
"No," Chris commented before you had a chance to do so. "Using a ship like this would give away their position too soon. They must have another plan. (Y/N)."

You looked over, your hands currently occupied by your beretta, fingers running across the insignia. "Did Wesker have any plans with this ship?"

"To be honest, this is my first time being on this ship. But I think he's using it as a source of travel. He's heading somewhere, but I can't seem to recall where." You put away your gun, grabbing out an earpiece from your pocket. "Listen, I think it's best we split up. I'll scout around the ship and find out where this ship is going, you two can perhaps find Wesker, or Excella if you're lucky."

"Sounds good, you'll keep in touch?" Sheva eyed your earpiece, looking back towards you for confirmation, which you returned with a firm nod.

You put the earpiece inside your right ear, making sure it was secure before walking towards the nearest sets of stairs, leading up towards a large wall of metal cargo crates. You pulled out your grapple hook, giving it a quick check to make sure it was prepared.

"Wait," Chris stopped you before you had a chance to aim upwards, receiving a look towards him. "What?"

"It's just..." he stepped towards you, raising a hand a bit directed towards your gun. "How do we know?"

"Excuse me?" You questioned.

"How do we know you're actually helping us?" His question made you lower your gun, turning your body to face him fully. "Chris."
"This is serious (Y/N)," he stepped closer, glaring down at you with a look of suspicion, mixed with worry. "You were presumed dead, now you show up in accompany to the enemy. Do you realize how much trouble you'd be in if the others find out?"

"Chris," you shook your head. "Don't think I've already thought this through. I disappeared, yes. I murdered, yes. I abandoned... the ones I love, yes." You turned away, your gaze stuck towards the dirty metal ground. "Which is why the thought of turning myself in has crossed my mind millions of times. But from what I've uncovered about myself in my time out here in the world," you looked back at him over your shoulder, "They're going to use me again."