s i x ☾ uncertainty

Silk sheets hug my skin and I sigh in content. My bed never felt this nice. My eyes snap open.

This was not my bed.

I bolt up, looking around the dark room.

"How'd you sleep, darling?"

I nearly have a heart attack as the hulking figure situated in the corner speaks up and leans his elbows on his knees.

I shoot a menacing glare in Lachlan's direction, though I know it doesn't do the damage I wish it would.

"You-, you-, you twat! What is wrong with you?"

Lachlan's eyebrows raise and his eyes harden. He makes a tisk sound sound with his tongue, "I really don't appreciate you calling me names, Margot." He chides.

I gape at him, scooting up the bed and wrapping the sheets and duvet tightly around me.

I deadpan, "You cannot be serious?"

He cocks his head.

"Oh my god. It was that drink, wasn't it? You spiked that Chardonnay!" I accuse.

His silence gives me everything I need to know.

"I can't believe you."

Lachlan gets up and begins walking towards the bed. I put my hand up and scoot farther up the bed, "Don't come anywhere near me, you maniac."

His eyes harden and his body tenses, "Don't start throwing words like that around, Margot." He growls out.

"I-I'll tell everyone what you are!"

He laughs, a low, dark, bark of a laugh, "The supernatural have been exposed to humans for centuries, darling. It won't matter. What do you think will possibly happen?"

As much as I hated to admit it, the damn psycho was right. He was strong, stronger then people would like to admit. With a single blow, he could knock a human out.

"Please let me go. Please. I'll leave and you can forget about me, I won't bother you!" I've restored to pleading now.

"No can do." He begins to climb onto the four poster bed.

My eyes lock on a table that has my clutch from last night and phone. I knew it wouldn't work, Lachlan was much stronger and bigger than me. But it was worth a shot.

Ripping the bed sheet off my now sweaty body, I lunge for the table. My quick act of bravery was miscalculated, I now realize, as I feel a set of muscled arms wrap around my waist. I'm thrown against a wall, my back cracking against the hard surface as I let out a moan in pain.

Lachlan's face is level with mine, mere centimeters from me. I get a close up view of his perfectly imperfect face, his square jaw, amazing lips, and Roman nose.

"I'm gonna give you one more warning, Margot." His voice is deep and angry.

I wait for him to continue. He breathes out a breath of air, and leans his face into my neck. 

"Stop messing with me. There's a reason I came to that shitty diner you work at, darling. There's a reason I invited you here, drugged you, and kept you in here. Everything I do, there's a reason I do it."

I breath out in fear, "What do you want from me? I'll do anything," I whisper.

He growls, "Stop making me out to be a kidnapper of some kind! That not why-,"

I interrupt him, "You are a kidnapper! Who drugs someone, locks them in their room, and doesn't call it kidnapping?!" I seethe.

His fist comes right up next to my head, punching the wall in fury, "You need to stop."