t w e l v e ☾ breaks

Lachlan

Margot fell asleep in my arms and I got to smell the sweetness of the shampoo she used in her hair. I couldn't sleep though. Thoughts ran through my mind throughout the night. I knew being away from me for a bit would really help Margot, but that it would be the most painful four weeks I've ever endured. She was all I could think about now. I saw her when I closed my eyes to go to sleep, and when I opened them the next morning.

When I woke up the next morning, the spot next to me was empty, but still warm. I heard the faint sound of the shower running in Margot's room, and smiled. She did love a good shower.

I got up shortly after and packed my stuff. I decide to get a shower myself, liking the warmth the hot water brings me. It wasn't as nice as the warmth my destined's hands gave me, though. I could smell her freshly showered skin all the way from my room, could hear her begin to blow dry her hair. Not being able to merely feel her presence in the next room over would be hard, but it's what Margot needs.

She needed a break from me.

Finishing up, I turn the water off & walk out without a towel. I wonder if she'd like what she saw when the time came. If she'd like the scars that held stories I could tell her for years. The scars that even I can't explain. If she'd liked the memoirs I put on my body in the form of black ink.

I get dressed quickly, opting for sweatpants and a t-shirt. Walking out of my room it looks like Margot decided on a similar outfit, wearing a pair of gray leggings, a t-shirt, and a zip up hoodie that was far too large for her.

"Morning," She smiles up at me from the hotel's kitchenette, drinking a cup of coffee and gesturing to another cup.

It was such a small act, but it had such a large impact on me. I could see her making coffee for me every morning, addressing me with that same perfect smile. No matter how we would go to bed, happy or angry with each other, I imagined we'd always wake up with the love we had for each other still strong as the day it was born.

"Thanks. I figured we'd head out at around 0900, if you're up to that. We could grab a quick breakfast if you're hungry." I tell her.

"0900 is nine right?" She asks.

"Mhmm." I laugh

"Sounds good." Her eyebrows crease and I smirk at her.

"What?"

"It's just so early. Do you ever take a break, sleep in?" She smiles at me again.

I think about my life for a moment, then shake my head, "I can't really remember the last time I haven't woken up at 5:30 and started my day at seven. This was sleeping in for me." I chuckle.

"We're gonna have to work on that then."

"I guess we will."

She was quite during the car ride home but I guess I didn't blame her. It was an odd weekend. She didn't radiate anger though, or sadness. She was content. I couldn't tell if that was a good or bad thing.

I stopped at a janky diner, and got her late breakfast. She finished her pancakes and eggs in under eight minutes. I was happy she was eating better, but still not as much as I'd like her to.

Walking back to our car, I open her door. She smiles and thanks me. We were about thirty minutes from where the private jet was kept, and Margot looked excited to get home. Good. Her happiness was everything to me.

"Lachlan,"

"Hmm?"

"Do you think Jen will forgive me?" She asks in a small voice, biting her finger nails.

I gently push her hand away from her mouth, and turn her chin so she looks at me.

"Honestly, I do." I tell her.

She playfully rolls her eyes, "How can you even tell? You've never met her."

"Call it an Alpha's intuition." I wink.

She chuckles, then brings her legs up to rest her chin on her knees. I watch as she lets herself get lost in thought, watching the world around us pass.

Too soon we got to the plane, and too soon we got back to the states. Back to where I would leave Margot. Standing outside her apartment I let the silence envelope us. I wasn't sure what to say.

"The dress! Oh my god, what happened to the dress?" She suddenly gasps.

I laugh. She was too considerate.

"It's back at mine. Don't worry, it's yours. When you get back it will be in your closet."

"I can't keep that, Lachlan."

"You can, and you will. And keeps these too."

She smiles up at me, then grasps me in a hug, "Thank you."

"For what?" God, I never wanted to let go. With her in my arms I finally felt at peace, with myself and Selene.

"Everything. You've showed me more kindness in the past weekend then my own mother has in my twenty-two years of life. I will never forget that, Lachlan."

I kiss her forehead, "Don't get too used to life without me." I joke.

I could already see her rolling her eyes at me, "Never."

With her hands on my shoulders, gripping the fabric of my shirt for dear life, she only puts a couple inches between us, before leaning up to kiss my lips. But before I could even register what happened, she was gone and I was left cold. Her apartment door shut, with lips I only got a sample of.