nine ☾sharing

not edited

The next morning I take a much needed shower and throw on a robe. I walk out to the main room, to find Lachlan at the same spot I found him at yesterday.

"What should I wear?" I ask.

"I put some summer dresses in your bag and some nice shoes. Nothing too fancy but definitely look nice."

I scrunch my face up, "That doesn't help at all."

He shrugs, "Hey I just gave you the clothes. You're the one who's supposed to know what to do with them."

I roll my eyes and walk back into my room. Of course Lachlan wouldn't know how to help me. He has the style equivalent to a homeless man.

I look at the summer dresses I put in the closest and sigh.

Lachlan gave me three choices. A tiny red bodycon dress with chunky shoulder straps, a flowy yellow summer dress that looked like it would stop at my knees, and then another bodycon dress only in black, with thinner straps. My eyes continuously drifted to the red dress. It was out of my comfort zone, but then again so was everything that's happened to me the past few days. I put it on, smoothing it down my body and looking at myself in the full body mirror.

It stopped mid thigh and gave me a business sexy look that I loved. To dress down the look, I picked out a pair of chunky white wedges. I apply natural makeup and curl my hair, before I'm ready to face Lachlan.

I was nervous. Why? I didn't have to prove this man anything. And yet I found myself struggling to take that last step and open the bedroom door. My nerves spike as a knock sounds through the door, and Lachlan's voice carries.

"We're gonna be late, Margot. Don't stress, you're already drop dead gorgeous."

I open the door then, meeting Lachlan's hard body. I take back what I said about the homeless man style. He looked really good in his dark grey checkered suit, and red tie.

"We match." I whisper.

He nods, "I had a feeling you'd go for the red dress."

I look up at him, "Why?"

"That's your color."

"I thought you said not too dressy." My voice came out breathless.

"Looks like you didn't listen to me either." He mumbles, taking a strand of my hair in two of his fingers.

He lets it fall, before looking into my eyes with his big brown ones.

I crack a smile, "You look really nice, Lachlan."

He holds his arm up and I loop mine with it, "As do you, tiny dancer."

As we walk through the hotel room, I ask Lachlan the many questions running through my head.

"Who are we meeting?"

"Our pack."

"Does that lady know what you are?"

"She knows of my species, not necessarily that I am one."

"What about her?"

"Same answer."

"Do you like what you are?"

It takes him a while to answer this one.

"... No."

"No? Why not?"

"Let's not talk about it right now, Margot." He whispers.