eight ☾stockholm

What felt like ten centuries later Lachlan pulls up to a grand hotel and turns into the valet. He grabs our bags and then my hand, walking me into the building.

"What's this for?" I ask.

He sighs, "I may have understated the whole I'm being re-crowned and shit. It's a pretty big deal."

"Why?"

"Because tomorrow we're meeting our pack."

"Both of us?" I ask.

He nods, "Sit down while I check us in. Move, and you won't see the light of day for 30 years." He threatens.

When he turns his back, I make a face at him and mimic him. Holy, he had a big back. And an amazing ass.

I groan and fall onto the couch. My whole body ached, and I swear if there wasn't a couch right here, I would collapse. It felt like a century before Lachlan came back with our bags, looking as joyful and happy as always.

"Come on, tiny dancer. You look like you could use a couple hours nap," He says.

I roll my eyes, "More like a couple days."

"If all you want is sleep, Margot, you can have that. And so much more."

I decided not to respond. Not that I didn't want to-, I didn't want to. I didn't know this man, or animal, and I didn't want to fight with him about this so called future he sees with me.

Soon, we come to an elevator and Lachlan presses the 'up' button with one of his large fingers. I always forget how big he is. It's sort of hot, not going to lie. My imagination slips, and I imagine Lachlan wrapping those very hands around my thighs, picking me up. I shake myself out of it.

I swear, Lachlan knew exactly what I was thinking because his breathing got heavy and his eyes darker then the black jeans I wore.

We walk in and the space seems too small for the both of us. It felt like Lachlan took up all of the elevator.

"So about tomorrow, you need to be on your best behavior. No sassing me, no grumbling under your breath. It might be good for you to just, be silent."

I narrow my eyes at him, "I'm not going to be your little show dog, Lachlan."

He rolls his eyes, "I'm not asking you to, Margot. Just, please. Pretend you at least tolerate me. For tomorrow."

I cross my arms, "This is me tolerating you, Lachlan."

He gives me the dirtiest look I've ever seen from him. It almost makes me feel bad. Almost. Then, he corners me against the wall and tilts my head up to his, with his hand cupping my chin in an almost ungentle way.

"Remember what I said to you, before we left Edmonton and at breakfast?" He asks, his voice a mere breath above a whisper.

I nod.

"I meant it. And that's all I want from you, Margot. A chance to show you I'm not really what you see me as." He tells me a finality that almost makes me want to give into his pleads in this very elevator.

"Okay."

A ding sounds, and a door opens before we can make ourselves 'decent'. A couple stands there, blushing, "Did we walk in on something?"

I feel Lachlan about to say something, and to save myself that embarrassment, I slip out of his arms and shake my head, "Nothing at all, ma'm."

Lachlan coughs behind me, "Well, it was a little something."

I glare at him and fix my blouse.

We walk down the hallway.

"Whose clothes are these?" I ask.