«chapter one»

Arranged marriages aren't exactly common in today's culture. But there are some families, ancient, powerful families, that abide by old laws in their kingdoms. Five once powerful families that still abide by their old laws are the Horan's, Malik's, Payne's, Styles', and the Tomlinson's.

Everyone in their small town knew that the members of those families were anicent royalty. No one dared mess with the children.

All of the boys attended the same school and oh, were they aware of it.

-

"Get out of my way, Horan," Liam Payne commanded, trying to shove the younger boy out of his way. Even as Niall didn't want to, he still moved out of the way.

"This is my class, too, Liam. I have a right to be here," the blonde bit his lip. Was that too far? Was Liam going to get mad at him? He didn't like it when Liam was mad at him. He hurt Niall.

"You just don't have a right to stand in front of my desk. Go to your own," Liam growled. Niall sighed in rejection and moved over to the desk beside Liam's. He actually had every class with Liam, and his assigned seat was always either beside or behind Liam.

Once the teacher began doing her job, Liam sighed in relief. He didn't mind Niall, he really didn't. But the blonde was always so annoying and persistent. Liam slowly slid down in his chair to avoid any contact with anyone.

Or he thought that he didn't. That changed when Niall threw a small note on his desk, not looking at Liam but blushing vigorously.

hi... i know you don't like this class, and i don't like it very much either, so would you like to chat? it's okay if you don't...

Liam rolled his eyes and considered throwing the note back at Niall's face. Getting caught by the teacher was the last thing on Liam's list to worry about. He was more worried of what his friends would think if they saw him.

Liam figured it was best not to be as rude as he would have liked, since their families were close friends after all. If he were rude to Niall, he would surely hear about it later. So he sighed and wrote back.

i don't really wanna talk, niall. i'm having a bit of a bad day. Maybe, Liam figured, this would make him leave him alone.

i'm a good listener. i won't tell anyone. Niall wrote back. Seriously, what was up with this boy?

i just really don't want to talk about it, niall. please respect that. Liam sent back.

As Niall read the note, he sighed quite loudly. All he wanted to do was be friends with Liam, but the brunette never let him. He had always wanted to be friends with Liam, since first grade, but he never could.

"Happy birthday to me," Niall uttered softly to himself. No one else heard.

-

The only person, besides his parents, that ever wished Niall a happy birthday was Harry. Every year, as soon as Harry caught sight of Niall, he wished him happy birthday.

"Sixteen years," Harry smiled, patting Niall's head sixteen times. "You reckon you'll meet your future husband tonight?"

The blonde sighed again for what felt like the millionth time that day. "Dad's already said he's meeting us out for dinner. Probably public so we can't start a fight or something. Maybe I'll luck out and it'll be you!"

"I wish, Nialler," Harry spoke as he ran his hand through Niall's hair. "But if you're meeting him tonight, he's already sixteen. Which leaves you two choices." He tried not to glance over to where Louis, Liam, and Zayn were standing, but he failed.

"You can be set up with commoners! It happened with Zayn!" Niall protested weakly. He knew it was a lost cause. His parents were strict; marrying with a commoner was unheard of.

Everyone knew the story between Zayn and his fiancée Perrie. They had met at school, right before Perrie moved away. Zayn had fallen in love with her and the minute he was sixteen, he demanded that he marry with Perrie and no one else. His famly threw an awful fit about it, but eventually, they saw how much he loved the younger girl. It was set in stone that as soon as the two finished school, they would be married.

It was a sweet story; Niall had always wanted something like that. Greg was brave enough to do it; he had met a commoner he loved and demanded he marry her. The woman's name was Denise. Their story took place about two years ago. Now Niall has a toddling little nephew.

When he told his parents he was gay, they flipped. Greg would be the only one to pass down the legacy. Oh, the horror! He really didn't understand why it was that big of a deal.

But his parents promised that they would find a male suitor by the time Niall turned sixteen. That was a year ago. And today was the day he was to meet him.

-

Niall dressed himself that night in a state of panic. He had originally asked Harry to come over after school and pick out an outfit for him, but just before the last bell rang, Harry's phone buzzed with a text from his mother saying she needed him home right after school.

And to make things even better, they were leaving for dinner an hour after school ended. The Horan's figured that they may stick around in the restaurant longer than completely necessary. So Niall had an hour to shower and dress himself. It could take an hour just to figure out what shirt he wanted to wear!

Eventually, Niall found himself in a blue plaid shirt and black jeans with holes in both knees. He felt satisfied with the way he looked, but his mother was not.

"Do you really need to wear those jeans?" She said in disgust. Niall tried his best to look offended, even though he wanted to laugh at his mother's snooty attitude.

"Yes, they're comfy!" He said sternly before turning and walking to the car. as soon as he was outside, he began laughing. But he was quickly quieted with the thought that he would be meeting his future husband in less than an hour.

•-•

hiiiii

so new story, woo!

i'm really sorry if there are a bunch of mistypes, but i'm typing really quickly because my mother is yelling at meeeee

so yeah

i dunno what else to say here

um...

comment, i guess?

#whosdanewhubby

1112 words

(10/07/14)