«chapter three»

chapter three

The car ride home was relatively quiet. Only Bobby had tried to speak, but no one answered. He decided that maybe he should just keep quiet. Niall wanted so, so badly to lay his head onto Liam's shoulder, cuddle into the boy's neck, touch in some way, but he knew that he would only be denied.

"Liam," Maura spoke up as they pulled into the driveway. "You'll be sharing the room with Niall. And tomorrow we'll be going to pick out furniture for your home. And then you'll get to see it! Won't that be exciting?" Both boys nodded. It wasn't very exciting for either of them, but they couldn't tell her that.

Niall exited the car and held the door open for Liam to get out as well. He climbed out with a slight blush on his cheeks. Why, Niall wondered? He decided it probably wasn't best to ask. He led Liam up to his room, even opening the door for him.

"So what do you want to do? We can watch movies or play video games or something. I hate to say it, but we'll have to share my bed. I don't think mum would like it very much if she found me on the couch in the morning." Niall bit his lip.

"Uh, we can do whatever you want," Liam said nervously. "But you know, Niall, this isn't going to change anything at school. We can't hang out. I have my friends and you have yours.''

"We're going to be married, Liam. We're going to live together! We have to hang out at some point. I know this isn't something that you want, but I don't want us to end up married and not even like each other! I don't want to end up in an abusive relationship or something."

"I won't do that, Niall." Liam sighed quietly to himself. "I don't want an abusive relationship. I don't want to live in the same house as you for the rest of our lives and know nothing about you. We're going to do this, Niall. I just don't know how yet."

"So we're really gonna go this?" Niall whispered hopefully.

"Yeah, we're really going to do this." Liam gave the younger boy a small hug. "Now, you wanna play some FIFA?"

-

"You're an ass."

"You're just mad because I'm better than you!" Liam laughed. So far the boys have played three games, and Liam has won all of them.

"Yes, I am mad. You could at least help me win!" Niall protested, weakly hitting Liam on the arm.

"How am I supposed to help you win, lovely? We're on two different teams," Liam pointed out. Niall blushed at the nickname.

"You know. Let me win!" Niall giggled.

"I can't just let you win!" Liam protested. "That would make me look bad!"

"How, exactly," Niall tried to stop his giggles.

"I can't just let a cute, blonde, Irish boy steal my spot as the reigning FIFA champ! That would be absurd!" Liam gasped. "Do you wanna watch a movie or something? I think you need a break from FIFA."

"I need a break?" Niall raised an eyebrow.

"We both need a break. Is that better?" Liam rolled his eyes.

"Very much so, yes. I'll let you pick."

-

When the boys awoke the next morning, Maura was already standing over them. "I was about to wake you up, but the two of you looked so cute!" She gushed. ''And I'd really like to continue this conversation, but Bobby is ready to leave for furniture shopping and you two aren't even ready yet."

They readied themselves in a rush. Both boys would be lying if they didn't admit that there were a few lingering stares and bitten lips. Liam did Niall's hair and Niall picked out Liam's clothes.

"Boys!" Maura called up. "Are you ready?"

"We're ready, Mum!'' Niall called back breathlessly. For the past two minutes or so, Niall had been watching Liam dress. He was being teasing, and Niall knew it.

"You sure you're ready, Ni?" Liam whispered, biting his lip.

"Y-Yeah. Come on, we need to go pick out our furniture!" Niall stuttered and grabbed at Liam's hand. Said boy tried his best to hold back the blush that covered his tan cheeks, but lucky for him, Niall didn't notice.

The car ride was a little less awkward this time. Niall laid his head down on Liam's shoulder slowly, scared the boy would push him away. But he didn't; instead, Liam wrapped an arm around Niall and pulled the blonde into him.

"Are you boys ready to start picking out your furniture?" Bobby asked the two. for a moment, neither boy answered.

"I'm really excited, actually," Liam suddenly burst. "I never thought I'd be picking out the furniture for my own home so soon."

They reached the furniture store, and Niall sprinted in with Liam not to far behind him. "Do we get to pick out paint too?" Niall asked suddenly as he ran his hand across a small grey couch.

"You get to pick out everything," Maura promised. "Except the house. It's already bought and paid for!"

"You've already paid it off?'' Liam gasped.

"With the help of your parents, Liam. Don't get your knickers in a twist!" Bobby laughed. Niall was too caught up with the furniture to notice their conversation. "You know, it would be a lot easier to pick out furniture if we knew the house," Niall pointed out.

"Five bedrooms, three bathrooms, a loft, full kitchen, two living rooms. Did I get everything, Maura?" Bobby said automatically. Niall and Liam looked at each other with gaping mouths.

"You got everything, dear. What about this bed, boys?" Maura led them over to an elegant bed.

"It's perfect, mum," Niall whispered. Liam wrapped his arms around Niall, resting his head on his shoulder.

"We could really put those bed posts to use," he murmured in Niall's ear. The blonde blushed tomato red and tried to push Liam off of him.

"Stop!" he groaned. "Let's just go look at more furniture."

•-•

wowa

my head hurts

i still haven't started on my music oops

y a y

my toby is asleep :(

sooooo

hi

boobs

h a h

bai

1050 words

(19/07/14)