«chapter six»

It was time. Liam was up front, waiting by the alter with over a hundred people in front of him. He didn't know anyone, but he was only here for Niall. And Niall, he was waiting behind the closed doors. They were being married in a church, much to both boys' protest. They hadn't wanted to marry in a church; they already received enough scorn as it is.

But now that was exactly where they stood. Liam had begun to get used to seeing Niall every day, but it had been nearly two days since the last time he had seen him, and he was beginning to go crazy. Knowing he was just behind those doors was driving him insane.

"But what if I trip, Haz?" Niall whined again for the thousandth time. "I don't want to look like a fool. They're taping this!"

Harry was quick to try and comfort his friend. "If you trip, you trip. It's not going to make Liam love you any less. In fact, I bet he would rush from where he is stnading just to help you up. Everything will be fine, Niall. All you have to do is stop worrying!''

Niall fiddled with his white tux once more. It had originally been a joke; Liam had been talking about how good Niall would look in a white dress and heels. Then Niall decided, why doesn't he just wear a white tux? Liam didn't know about it-they hadn't been allowed to shop together. "Well, is there anything on my shirt?"

"You look amazing, Niall, per usual. And don't even begin to ask about your hair. iIt hasn't moved a centimeter. Look, it's almost time. Stop being so nervous!" Harry grinned and gave his friend a small pat on the cheek. "If you think I'm being harsh, just remember, you're being my best man. You get to give me the same speech." They both heard the music begin playing through the doors. "Find your mum; it's my time to shine!" Harry pushed open the doors and Niall hid behind the left one.

There were over a hundered people out there, and Niall knew that. But it looked like so much more as they sat out in the pews. He was panicking. "Mum, I don't know if I can do this," he whimpered, clutching onto his mother's arm.

"It's easier as you get out there. When you get there, all you look at is Liam, okay? Pay good attention and it will all be over before you know it," Maura promised. "I was nervous at our wedding, too. But it's over quickly and soon enough you'll be married and off to the reception!"

Harry was gone, meaning it was Niall and Maura's turn. He told Bobby that he really prefered his mum walk him out. "I can do this," he murmured to himself as he stepped out from behind the door.

It had been two days since the last time Liam saw Niall, and now he looked even more beautiful. His newly dyed hair seemed to have more brunette than blonde, and it was all puffed up like a small cloud. He had taken Liam's joke kind of seriously and wore white, which made him look like some sort of god. It brought tears to Liam's eyes, which he quickly wiped away, not wanting to look foolish.

Niall's face lit up as he saw Liam. He had shaved, which was a miracle all on it's own. He looked amazing with his hair done up in a small quiff. Before Niall even knew what was happening, his feet had stopped moving and he had reached Liam.

"You look beautiful," Liam whispered as he look Niall's hand.

"We are gathered here today..." The preacher spoke, and both boys simultaneously stopped paying attention. Liam began staring at Niall. Was he really about to spend the rest of his life with this beautiful boy?

He was lucky, so lucky and he knew it. He knew he was lucky to find love so young. He was only sixteen!

Niall was thinking about his vows. He and Liam had decided just to go with the traditional vows, knowing that neither of them would ever remember the vows they had written themselves. Both boys snapped back into reality as they finally heard the preacher speak again.

"Do you, Liam James Payne, take Niall James Horan to be your wedded husband to live together in marriage? Do you promise to love him, comfort him, honor and keep him for better or worse, for rich or for poor, in sickness and in health, and forsaking all others, be fathful only to him, for as long as you both shall live?"

"I do," Liam said confidently. He smiled brightly at Niall.

"Do you, Niall James Horan, take Liam James Payne to be your wedded husband to live together in marriage? Do you promise to love him, comfort him, honor and keep him for better or worse, for rich or for poor, in sickness and in health, and forsaking all other, be faithful only to him, for as long as you both shall live?"

"I-I do." Niall gave Liam the same loving smile.

"Well then, by the power invested in me and an online course I took three days ago-" Zayn cut himself off with a laugh (he had been the preacher the entire time. They couldn't find another!) "I now pronounce you husbands. Kiss!" Zayn lightly shoved Liam towards Niall. He leaned down and kissed Niall, and they were the only two people in the world as the crowd mutely roared behind them.

"Hello, Mr Payne," Liam said huskily as he pulled away.

"I could get used to that," Niall sighed. they walked hand in hand back down the aisle.

"So what would you like to do first, Mr Payne?" Liam grinned, pecking Niall on the cheek.

"First off, I would like for you to continue kissing me," Niall said cheekily. Liam did as the boy asked, grabbing him by the waist and pulling their bodies flush against each other to kiss for one long minute. "And now, I would like to head to our reception," he sasid breathlessly.

Liam did as he asked and led Niall out to the car.

•-•

this book.

has an epilogue left

WHAT

i'm so confused????

i got this entire book written before i even completed another????

what am i to write after this, you may ask

A MERMAID AU

check it out on my page, yeah?

ily guys <3

hasbrown selfie

1096 words

(3/08/14)